Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
karthickv
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Access to Development Node

Hi All,

Can you kindly guide me on how to provide access to a User to access Development hub of 'Multi node production environment allowing development' ?

Thanks,

Karthick v

10 Replies
MK9885
Master II
Master II

Multi Node as in configuration system?

or give a user access to QMC as developer so that he can access his apps/streams etc?

karthickv
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Aehman,

As you would know Dev node in a production environment helps Users to perform some development activities.

(https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/2.0/Subsystems/PlanningQlikSenseDeployments/Content/Server/Server-...)

We want few users to access the Dev Hub in a Production environment (and perform development activities like scripting and reload). So trying to understand on 'Access to a user would be provisioned' to access the Dev Hub.

To answer your question, it is not the Configuration system but most probably the Second.

Thanks,

Karthick V.

MK9885
Master II
Master II

Check my reply in below link...

QMC Security Rule Import App

What it does is give a user access as a Developer to QMC.
He can create his own app in HUB (MyWork Tab), reload the app there, publish it to a stream.

This might not be what you exactly looking for but it will cover most of it and let me know if you need anything further?

karthickv
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Aehman,

Many thanks for your response.

While it is informative and helpful, my query is more on to know how to provide a user, access to 'Dev Hub' of production environment.

With the User pass being allocated can he be able to login to Dev Hub ?

Note:

1) In my case there are 2 types of users,

Business Users - Who would login to Central Node Hub and create only visualisations on top of the Model.

Business Admins - Who would login to Development Node Hub and build\create apps (Scripting, Reload, etc).

2) By allocating the User pass in the QMC, a Business User gets access to the Central Node Hub.

Thanks,

Karthick V.

MK9885
Master II
Master II

You're kind of confusing me by using the term 'NODE HUB'

Capture.PNG

Is the above image what you looking for a user to provide access to?

Please clarify by NODE you mean THE HUB, where user see their applications, right?

There is Central Node available to but it for QMC ADMIN or Infrastructure guys who maintain the Qlik Servers, like creating repositories or proxies etc.

What I understood from your latest reply is you looking for a Ad-Hoc reporting where user can create their own apps/charts in their HUB landing page.

If yes, then please check my replies in below link. It covers all answers to your questions

Edit Rule for only selected users:

help in security rule

User Developer Access to QMC:

QMC Security Rule Import App

karthickv
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

HI Aehman,

Kindly find the below screenshot from Qlik Help. By development Node Hub, I am referring to the Hub pointing to Development Node.

Dev Hub URL.png

Thanks,

Karthick V.

MK9885
Master II
Master II

This thing is new to me.

But the reason to create this one is to divide the traffic hitting your main HUB.
This will be good if you have many users using HUB and also if there are multiple Developers who has a dedicated proxy.
Qlik has already provided you steps in above image...

If you have someone who can do it? You'd need to create a new web address for your Dev HUB and I guess maybe ask your infrastructure team or DBA who has setup this QMC environment for you?

Thanks.

karthickv
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

You are right about the fact that Dev Hub would help to reduce the load. Yes we need to split the load created by the Business Admins and hence wanted to provide access to the Dev Hub.

Many Thanks for all your response till now.

jaisoni_trp
Creator II
Creator II

Also you would want to have a look at the security rule. in terms of application which are created through dev node should only be available via dev node virtual proxy.