Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Merge headers in pivot table

Hi Qlikheads!

Pls. refer to the enclosed qlikview file for reference.

I have the following object:

error loading image

In order to make the table easier to read I would like to add a "merged header" to the columns regarding the time interval. Consequently the monthly and YTD columns will be grouped accordingly:

error loading image

Normally I would add an extra dimension and then drag it to the top using the "pivoting" option. This will not work for me here though since I dont want the same set of calculation for both month and Ytd. E.g. my variance should only apply for Ytd. This is the reason why I am using set analysis in my expressions and therefore actually have an expression for each column.

How can I achieve the merged header and make it so flexible that I might add more columns (e.g. FY) and them group them into a 3rd header.

Looking much forward to your replies.

Lars Madsen

12 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Amit and John,

I see the Group column names implemented in the QVW but couldn't figure out how you did it. If either of you could provide the steps for achieving it, it would be really appreciated.

Not applicable
Author

Excellent contribution!!!

gireesh1216
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Lars,

Could you please let me know, what properties did you change/set in the pivot table to get this feature of merged header.

Thanks,

Gireesh