Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Triggers only active on one sheet

Hi all,

Is there a way to have triggers that only activate when certain selections happen on one specific sheet? For example I want something to trigger on a certain selection when they are on the first sheet, but if they select that on another sheet, I don't want the trigger to activate.

Thanks

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Maybe we should be using alternate states in this case. As we have on select field triggers it will across all the sheets. You can create alternate states for the sheets and use triggers.

Not applicable
Author

So alternate state for that one sheet where I want the triggers to occur? How to ensure the triggers are applied to that one state?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Once you create alternate state in the General tab, You will be having this drop down for triggers

Capture.PNG

Not applicable
Author

Hi Shiva,

This didn't work for me because i still want it to respond to other selections. I tried doing an

if (match([Field],'name1','name2','name3','SH20') This works but I want it to only trigger when the selection goes from 0 to 1. For example if name 2 is already selected and I clear something out or make another selection for a different field the trigger activates. Is there a way to make it so the trigger only activates the first time it is selected? Help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!