Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to purchase Qlik Sense Desktop

Ok, this should be simple, but it's not. I'm willing to pay for Qlik Sense Desktop, but don't know how

I like Qlik Sense Desktop and have been using it some time now. It's free (which is great), but now I see that the new version and GEO-integration is taking some time to be available. And as there no such thing as a free lunch, I'm looking for an affordable option to buy it as an individual professional.

I can't buy Qlik Sense Desktop it appears.

I can buy Qlik Sense Enterprise, but it's quit a investment for an individual ($1500) and seems a little more than I need

I see a Cloud Sense option for $20 a month, but without mentioning if I get the Sense Desktop version (which is the product I want).

So..  What are my options?

Greetings,

Timo

7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Timo,

Where did you find that you have to pay for the Desktop edition? Qlik Sense Desktop is a free download and can be downloaded from the following page: Try or Buy.

You will have to provide some personal information however.

Regards,

Martijn

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Martijn, I know it's free (which is great).But now there is a difference with the paid version which has version 3.2 and GeoAnalytics (which I need..). So that's why I'm asking how to obtain a paid version.

MK9885
Master II
Master II

Qlik Sense Desktop is a Freeware.

I believe GeoAnalytics is a separate tool you need to buy and contact the Qlik Sales Team for that?

If you buying a Geo Mapping Extensions, also check out for Qlik Maps, Geo Qlik etc. There are many Geo Map extensions available in market.

I personally used Qlik Maps and I like it. But you can have your own study.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Aehman,

GeoAnalytics was a separate tool, but is now included in Qlik Sense. The other tools you suggest appear to be nice. Do you know of any pricing as no tool shows any listprice... Still. though, I would like to know how to obtain the paid version of Qlik Sense or at least how to obtain the 3.2 version (free or not ). It's unclear to me.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Timo,

So the version that you downloaded via the 'try or buy' link is still 3.1?

Strange, Qlik Sense 3.2 was released on 9/2 and SR3 was released today. Have you tried contacting Support?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes, it's strange but true. I think it is because of the new integration with enterprise server. Anyway, I found a link finally for 3.2 here:

Introducing Qlik Sense 3.2

I haven't installed it yet (don't want to mess up my production environment if things go wrong), but no GeoAnalytics so far available.

MK9885
Master II
Master II

Timo,

GeoAnalytics might be a part of Qlik Sense now but it will be a separate extension. (This is what I think personally)

It doesn't matter if Qlik bought that product.

If you using Desktop, just pay for GeoAnalytics. If it is Qlik Sense server then it might come as a whole package. Cus you'd need to buy both Server license plus Geo ext.

I do not think it will be same, even though they saying Geo is only for v3.2.

Better send an email to Qlik Sales Team and they will get back to you.

or mto‌ can help you more on this.

FYI, you can request for Trail Qlik Maps or Geo Qlik Maps for a limited period of time. Again you'd need to contact these product sales team. I don't believe there will be pricing available online, cus it is usually based upon your requirements or you leveraging there servers or not, what kind of support you require etc...

Thanks.