Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dynamic Naming

I have one table which fields name should be change as per the MASTER_Temp TABLE

TEMP:
LOAD * Inline [
Temp_1,Temp_2
A,X
B,Y
C,Z ]
;

MASTER_Temp:
LOAD * INLINE [
Group, Name
Temp_1, Region
Temp_2, SubRegion
]
;

But in our scenario we need to create some different level which a calculated fields  i.e. Region Level_1,  Region Level 2 and its name should be change dynamically

Even though I have created the logic for the same,But I just want to know ,Is there is any other better method i.e. by loop or something else

Please find the attachment of the application of better understanding.

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

any update

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

i think in NP designer you can create dynamic names?  correct me if i am wrong.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Shweta,

I looked at it and i dont understand what you are trying to achieve.

i only assume you change values from column Group to Group Level 1 If it is Temp1, then Group Level 2 if it is Temp2.

You wrote a MASTER table code, but what is a puprose of it? I would use mapping table in DB or XLS to map values instead.

Can you present us with what are you trying to avchieve? From--> To?

That would help me understand. Your current code is just a hardcoded conversion, in my opinion is not a dynamic solution.

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Is this really a correct answer?

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.