Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sagarkharpude
Creator III
Creator III

Index in Nprinting Word Report

Hi,

I am building an index in Nprinting. I am using the loops to display one chart of department wise employee:

In the index I am getting the data as

Contents

Employee Report------------------------------------------------------------------------------------1

Class Report------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------2

Department 1-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------10

Department 1-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------20

Department 1-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------30

Now I want to display only first occurrence of Department 1 and it's should have the page number as 10. It should exclude the other Department details like Department 1 and Page number 20 and so on.

My Index Should contain only below contents:

Contents

Employee Report------------------------------------------------------------------------------------1

Class Report------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------2

Department 1-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------10

Can you please help me on this.

Thanks

Sagar

6 Replies
sagarkharpude
Creator III
Creator III
Author

djk‌ Can you please help on this.

woutermak
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Do you use multiple levels? Do you see also your text ‘Department 1’ (not in your index) multiple times in your print preview? If you see this department multiple times in your report, your index use this text in display also multiple times your ‘Department 1’ value.  

sagarkharpude
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Wouter,

Thanks. It's come multiple times in print preview. But i want to show only once in Index. IS there any possibility/alternative.

Regards

Sagar

woutermak
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

I’m not sure if this is possible. Normally it showed you all the items as many times you see it as header in your document. Normally is your level only showed once. This is different if you use nested levels. Then you can have something like:

Regio A

Department 1

Department 2

Regio B

Department 1

Department 2

Then you have to set Region as level 1 and Department as Level 2 in your table of content.

I hope this helps. Let me know.

sagarkharpude
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I am using the nested levels. I have formatted the Headings based on this levels. All the data is working fine. Only I want to modify the Index as above.

woutermak
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

sagar kharpude wrote:

I am using the nested levels. I have formatted the Headings based on this levels. All the data is working fine. Only I want to modify the Index as above.

Sorry. I can't help you.

You have to cheat if you want to have this result.