Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jasplund73
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Git pull from Publisher

Hi

I'm trying to do a git pull from Qlikview Publisher as a external application without succeeding.

I have created a .bat file the runs fine as a Window Scheduled task but running the same file through publisher does not work. A have gotten a simple .bat file to work though.

The content of the .bat file looks like this:

CD "[Path to my local git repo]"

git.exe pull

The command line statement in the task is simply the path to the .bat file. Although I have tried a lot of different combinations

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

/Johan

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

You say the code does:

CD "[Path to my local git repo]"

But when the .bat file is run by Publisher it is running as your QlikView Distribution Service Account.

So "Path to my local git repo" might not mean anything within the context of that QDS Account.

Also that account might not have access to you git backend service in order to do any pull.

jasplund73
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Hi

I do not think that is the problem because we have set up Git using the account running QDS. Also the path to the git repo is general so it would be the same for all users logged on to that machine.

Thanks for your input and I will fiddle around a little just to make sure that it's not what you suggested

Cheers!