Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rodrigue_saade
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Calculate IOPS in Qlik Sense Server

Dears,

How can i calculate the IOPS of a Qlik Sense Server? What data do i need? Is there any simulator for the calculation?

Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
gustavgager
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Open performance monitor (run perfmon.exe frpm Run or a commandline).

Go to "performance monitor" and use the "+" sign to add a new counter. Find the "\PhysicalDisk(_Total)\Disk Transfers/sec" counter.

Now you have a live graph of the IOPS of the all the storage drives on the system.

If you want to log the data, you need to add the same counter to a data collector under "Data collector sets"

View solution in original post

4 Replies
gustavgager
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

IOPS as in Input Output Per Second the messurement of disk performance?

In that case you could easy ad a performance counter called "\PhysicalDisk(_Total)\Disk Transfers/sec" that will give you the total amount of read/write operations to any storage device on the system.

rodrigue_saade
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Gustav,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes by IOPS i mean the Input/Output Per Second to measure disc performance.

Do you have any example how to implement to command that you mentioned?

gustavgager
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Open performance monitor (run perfmon.exe frpm Run or a commandline).

Go to "performance monitor" and use the "+" sign to add a new counter. Find the "\PhysicalDisk(_Total)\Disk Transfers/sec" counter.

Now you have a live graph of the IOPS of the all the storage drives on the system.

If you want to log the data, you need to add the same counter to a data collector under "Data collector sets"

rodrigue_saade
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Done.

Thank you so much Gustav.