Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
damienregad
Contributor II
Contributor II

Can I reactivate a user that was "removed externally" ?

I have a Qlik Sense server with a User Directory Connector linked to an Active Directory.

One of the users' group was changed on the AD site, and as result no longer had access to Qlik Sense. In the Users list, the account shows up as removed externally = yes, as expected. So far, so good.

Later, the user's groups were changed a second time. With this change, user should be able to access to access Qlik Sense again, but they can't because their account is inactivated as explained above.

Is there a way to just clear the removed externally flag and let the user work again, without deleting their account in the QMC, which would cause loss of ownership of created objects ?

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
damienregad
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

For the record, I got feedback from Qlik Support that this is currently not possible.

The only option is to delete the user and recreate them. Objects ownership has to be changed manually.

The support engineer has logged a feature request to allow the Admin to reactivate an account, hopefully it will be considered.

View solution in original post

Bastien_Laugiero

Hello, 

In Qlik Sense, users are being removed externally when the UDC Synchronization does not sync the user(s) in questions. This can happen for several reason but most commonly it is because the LDAP filter you are using in your UDC sync does not include the affected users anymore. 

To resolve that, make sure your LDAP filter include your users and run the sync again. User(s) will be reactivated. 

For you reference: https://support.qlik.com/articles/000064150

Hope this helps!

Bastien Laugiero
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
damienregad
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

For the record, I got feedback from Qlik Support that this is currently not possible.

The only option is to delete the user and recreate them. Objects ownership has to be changed manually.

The support engineer has logged a feature request to allow the Admin to reactivate an account, hopefully it will be considered.

jisephcirspy
Contributor III
Contributor III

Does somebody know if this is possible yet?

Do you know that? @damienregad 

vasilev
Contributor III
Contributor III

I have also the problem.

Bastien_Laugiero

Hello, 

In Qlik Sense, users are being removed externally when the UDC Synchronization does not sync the user(s) in questions. This can happen for several reason but most commonly it is because the LDAP filter you are using in your UDC sync does not include the affected users anymore. 

To resolve that, make sure your LDAP filter include your users and run the sync again. User(s) will be reactivated. 

For you reference: https://support.qlik.com/articles/000064150

Hope this helps!

Bastien Laugiero
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT.