Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rolling 12 Month Sales using Set Analysis Chart Sort?

Hello

I am struggling with the following problem, i have a chart that need to compare over months this years sales and the previous years sales however the graph needs to be dynamic in that it changes in accordance with the users selections, the following is my current expression;

Current Sales: sum({1<OrderDate={">=$(=addmonths(monthend(max(OrderDate))+1,-12)) <=$(=max(OrderDate))"}>}Sales)

Previous Sales: sum({1<OrderDate={">=$(=addmonths(monthend(max(OrderDate),)+1,-24)) <=$(=addmonths(max(OrderDate),-12))"}>}Sales)

% difference: (Column(1)-Column(2))/Column(1)

12 months rolling.jpg

This works fine when a year is selected however when i select a month for example if the Fiscal Year 08/09 is selected as above and i click the month of May what i would like to see is Jun 08 to May 09 (Current Sales) and Jun 07 to May 08 (Previous Sales), this works with regards the dates but the order of the Month in the chart does not relate properly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Message was edited by: shay.cooper I have managed to sort this with the help from colleagues at work, basically it involves using the same expression used for the current sales and replacing sales with MonthYear and adding max to the start rather than sum and works like a charm.

Message was edited by: shay.cooper Added an example of the graph with sample data please excuse percentage change as the data was created using rand function so make no sense really

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I have managed to sort this with the help from colleagues at work, basically it involves using the same expression used for the current sales and replacing sales with MonthYear and adding max to the start rather than sum and works like a charm.

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I have managed to sort this with the help from colleagues at work, basically it involves using the same expression used for the current sales and replacing sales with MonthYear and adding max to the start rather than sum and works like a charm.

skaredovs
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi!

Could you please attach the example of the solution. Sounds good.

BR,

Konstantins

Not applicable
Author

@Shay.Cooper

Could you paste the solution, sounds really interesting.

Thanks in advance.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Can you share the solutions? I also desperatly needed this..

Thank you

Not applicable
Author

I think more easy is to add a drill down for Year & Month ... may b this is useful for all

Not applicable
Author

I'm trying use the current sales expression, and its not working for me, any ideas why? It is still summing about both current year and last year...

sum({$<"DateType"={'Rolling 28 Days'},"As Of Date"={">=$(=addmonths(monthend(max("As OfDate"))+1,-12)) <=$(=max("As Of Date"))"}>}Cnt)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello AlexYour As Of Date is written as "As OfDate" and also "As Of Date" hence the field names dont match and it wont work.I have alos found a more performant function to do this using variables and the inyeartodate function this allows the user to make selections on a date and the function will only pull through the latest year to date info, I will try and quickly write a solution and add up on here when I get the time.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Shay,

I"m looking into this again. Thanks for pointing out my error. It's working now.

Is there a way to make this date specific? I've attached what the want in the Powperpoint file.

I'm using this as my dimension. date([As of Date], 'MM/DD').

Not applicable
Author

Shay, I how did you get your graph to show July then the rest of the months?

This is my calculated dimension. I would like to start with my max "as of date", then show the last 12 months.

=date(makedate(1+(month("As of Date")>7),month("As of Date"),day("As of Date")),'MM/DD')