Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dusasuman
Creator
Creator

Selection getting ignored

Hi Community,

I have created a table with few dimensions and 3 measures in Qliksense. I have a field 'category' with different departmental codes and a transaction amount.

My simple measures in a are

1. Sum({<Category={'PMD'}>} transactionAmount)   -- Payment

2. Sum({<Category={'PST'}>} transactionAmount)   -- SelfPay

3. Sum({<Category={'AMD,AMC'}>} transactionAmount)  -- Recovery

this table is behaving strange where it is working fine with qlikview app..

As i have different dimensions(AcctNo, AcctType, ServiceDate e.t.c ) in this table, which shows a lowest granularity (at account number level) the table is showing all records with these amounts. Non zero Values are showing where ever applicable with above category codes. But when i take a filter listbox Category. And when i select other any code from Category field, the table is not showing the records associated with the selection instead it is showing all records. And Category list looking as (green) it get selected. Which means the selection is getting ignored on this table. When i select any particular  AcctNo after selecting any Category code, then the Category Code selection getting cleared. Strange behavior with qliksense.

What i need is if i select PST as a Category, the table has to show all account level records belong to PST. So that only SelfPay will have non zero amounts and other measures will show zero..

I have tried in different ways be putting $- current selection..

Please help me out with right solution..

regards

Suman

3 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

If you want to combine the preselections in the set analysis with user selections, then use an intersection

Sum({<Category*={'PMD'}>} transactionAmount)  

Sum({<Category*={'PST'}>} transactionAmount)

Sum({<Category*={'AMD','AMC'}>} transactionAmount)

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
dusasuman
Creator
Creator
Author

When i keep *=  when i click on any value in Category field, the table is not showing any associated record..

dusasuman
Creator
Creator
Author

When i keep *=

Also, no other list boxes selections working. the table is resulting zero records.