Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Macro report generator

I have tried google ling for an answer, but haven't really struck gold.  But i'm confident it's possible.

I have a tab with 10 chart.  these 10 chart i would like to send to my sales reps. but i only want to send them their numbers.  but I also want to send the email to the country sales manager.

my thought on the easiest way to do this are to load an excel list, which then are loaded as a table. it will contain 4 informations. 

Report:

Load *

Name

Fieldtype

Criterie

email

From mailinglist.xlsx

Fieldtype would then contain the name of the field i would like to create a selection on.  And criteria would then be the actual selected value.   for example it could  say country in fieldtype. and DK in criteria.  so my active selection for that row  would be the loaded country from the sales load.  and it would select the value DK.

so i could then create a macro which could then load through all the rows of the table something like( i'm not so good a qlikview macro's so this is just how my emagination thinks it should work. 

For each row in Report

Set selection $(fieldtype) = $(Criteria)

aryExport(0,0) = "Monthly1"

aryExport(0,1) = "Sales report per month"

aryExport(0,2) = "A1"

aryExport(0,3) = "data"

Active.workbook.send

Mail reciepient = $(email)

next  row

is this at all possible.?  if not to email. maybe it could save to a special network folder or simular?

thanks

7 Replies
vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

consider NPrinting

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I have, but isn't this only for server versions of Qlikview?  We are only running desktop application

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Just trying to bump this, hoping someone can help with a solution..

vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

you can use Nprinting version 16.xx  for desktop

Vineeth Pujari
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Nprinting are just VERY expensive for our purpose.. just got a quote on the price. and that is insane.

So if someone could help me with a macro, which could loop through each record in the table  Selection   and select that field. and then run the export macro.  That would help alot.

then i just need a macro to send the exported excel sheet. then i have created my "own" nprinting.. 🙂

vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

have you searched the community yet?

search results

https://community.qlik.com/search.jspa?q=macro&type=document

useful links

Macro - Export Multiple Charts From Container To Excel

Prepare PPT from different QVW objects with Macro

Vineeth Pujari
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello Mike,

I had the same problem, couple of users, one report(but very important - to board) and NPrinting cost. I did my own NPrinting  and to achieve that I used that solution, of course after many iterations I upgrade it to the version which send evry day report :

Insert an Image in Mail Body.

Macro to export AND mail report as PDF

Regards

Jacek.