Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

how to store all current selection in all sheets in a single BookMark object?

Hello Every one,

i need a huge help form your side my requirment is store the all current selection in all sheets with single name...og book mark object

if i am selecting created book mark object all sheets with saves selection are all selected..

pleas help on this

Many Thanks

vasu.i

38 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi kasushik i need one more help on macros

how to display the input box when i am clicking the button....

plz help me on this aslo..

Thank a lot

vasu

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

All you have to do is create a variable say visibility. Set it to 0. 0 for invisible and 1 for visible.

Goto properties of inputbox -> Layout -> Show -> Click on conditional -> type -> visibility = 1

Create a button set action as set variable -> give variable name as visibility and value as =if(visibility =0,1,0)

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Kasushik Thanks a lot...very usefull answere

vasu.I

Not applicable
Author

Dear Kaushik,

need suggestion and help on my requirment

My output file will genrated in two processes one is Manuval process and other is Autometice

after all selection in the last screen has a one button called Finish

when the user clicks Finish button it will checks if the user selects manual or Autometic

when the user selects the manuval ...it would be redirects to Normal out file.nothing but other sheet.

and when the user selects the Autometic option

in this case is very complicated process is going on...still not completed....

in this case my requirment is when the user selects the autometic option in the selection criteria

and then when user click the finsh button in the autometic case

it will opens the new Qlikview file and load with script file....it mean need to load  the all selected criteria in the new Qlikview file.

and how the user check the is it manual or Auotmetic...? we need to write any macro for this...

plz help me on this also.very need full kasushik

Many Thanks

vasu.I

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

I still didnt understand what you want to do. Can you please explain with an example.

Regards,

kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

okay i will explain with an example...

in my first scren has one list box contain Autometic and Manual options okay..

if user selects the manual ...then

after the all selections are selected user needs to go the output sheet.

if the user selects the Autometic

after the all selections are selects the user needs to open the new Qlikview file and load the selected criteria though a script file (QVS file)

my first doubt is how to check the is it Manuval or Autometic 

how it is possible....

plz help me

Many Thanks

vasu.

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

You can create a inline table which will have only one field with two values. As shown below.

Load inline[

Process,

Manual,

Automatic ];

This will create a table with one field called Process, which will have two values Manual and Automatic.

Second thing is if you want to pass selections to other qlikview document, you can do that while creating an action on button.

Create a button -> goto Action -> Add Action -> External -> Open Qlikview Doc -> Give path and name of qlikview document and click on transfer state.

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Not applicable
Author

Hi  kasushik...that is okay fine...

Then i have one more doubt....how to check the is the user selects manual or Autometic...

and my requirment is whenever user clicks the Finish button after all selections are done..we move on to the out put file accroding to the process selection....

ex: Process

1.Autometic

2.Manual.

when i am clicking the Finsh Button,if i am selects Manual it must be redirects to other sheet

if i am selects Autometic it must open a new qlikview file

how to handle the this functionality in Qlikview.'

please Help me on this very need full

Thanks Kasushik

with Regards

vasu.I

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Do one thing Create 1 variable which stores the selection.

Set expression of that varibale as "=Process". this will store Automatic or Manual as per user selection.

Create 2 buttons.

1 with action to go to output sheet. Add conditional show from caption tag from its properties.

Give condition as if Variable1 = Manual.

2 with action to go to other qlikview document. Add conditional show from caption tag from its properties.

Give condition as if Variable1 = Automatic.

The logic is as per the user selection(Automatic/Manual) your button will change.

For example if manual is selected only the button with manual settings should show and vice versa.

Hope you understand.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Not applicable
Author

Thanks a lot kasushik

very usefull answer

Thanks

vasu.I