cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Inventory status calculations

Hi,

I have an app where I need to calculate inventorystatus per day, per product, per store.  So we have an beginning inventory status and then transaction on top of that gives the current status of the inventory, so sold items are subtracted from the inventory and purchases added.

So I would like to create a column either during load or via set analysis that calculates the inventorystatus. I am having some problems with this I tried to work with something like rangesum(above(Sum(Qty),0,RowNo(Total))), but this works in someways but when I productno to it it looses track.

So any Idea on how to solve this?

PostingDateStoreNoProductNoEntryTypeQtyTotalInvQty
28.2.201711Counted10001000
28.2.201721Counted100100
28.2.201712Counted300300
28.2.201722Counted10001000
1.3.201711Sales-100900
1.3.201721Purchase400500
2.3.201712Purchase200500
3.3.201722Sales-100900
3.3.201711Sales-50850
4.3.201722Sales -50850

Regards

Birkir

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Try this

Sum(Aggr(RangeSum(Above(Sum({<PostingDate>}Qty), 0, RowNo())), StoreNo, ProductNo, PostingDate)) * Avg(1)

View solution in original post

11 Replies
sunny_talwar

May be try this

Aggr(RangeSum(Above(Sum(Qty), 0, RowNo())), StoreNo, ProductNo, PostingDate)

Capture.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunny,

Yes this works for i a way. I was hoping to find a solution that works even if I take out one of the dimensions, for example I want to get a total number of the inventory, or a total number of the inventory per product not store.

Regards

Birkir

sunny_talwar

May be try this

Sum(Aggr(RangeSum(Above(Sum(Qty), 0, RowNo())), StoreNo, ProductNo, PostingDate))

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

This is getting very close solving it, one thing is that if I select in the table one date the calculation will only show the transaction for that day but not the status of the inventory

sunny_talwar

Try this

Sum(Aggr(RangeSum(Above(Sum({<PostingDate>}Qty), 0, RowNo())), StoreNo, ProductNo, PostingDate)) * Avg(1)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you so much Sunny excellent work, this solves it.

I will mark it as the correct answer

Regards

Birkir

Thanks again for all your help.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi all,

So this definently works but is very slow when all data has been loaded. I think the only way to solve this is to do it in the load script.

Does anyone have any hints ?

sunny_talwar

You can use The As-Of Table‌ in that case

sunny_talwar

Attaching a sample with this approach