cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ktucker8
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Copy and Pasting values from Excel into Qlik Sense Filter Pane

Has anyone found way to copy and paste a list of values from Excel and input into a Filter Pane in Qlik Sense?  For example, a list of Invoices.

I've seen input into Input Box in Qlikview.but can't seem to find anything in QlikSense for similar functionality.

7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why would you not load the list of values as a table in the data model?

ktucker8
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

It's for users to be able to filter for their desired invoices.  They have excel lists generated from other areas and need to filter a detail list for 20+ invoices, etc.  They need ability to paste those 20 selections in vs having to type and select all of them.  All company invoices are loaded and need to be accessed so can't limit load

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry I am not aware of anything that will help you there.

Smaggot
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hey there, 

This is an old post but I was struggling with the same use case, and managed to find an answer so thought I would post it here for future reference. You can search for multiple values by using the pipe character, e.g. if you want to filter for invoice numbers 5, 6 and 22, input "5"|"6"|"22" into the filer pane. 

Antz714
Contributor
Contributor

I know this works in Qlikview but when I tried this in Qlik Sense and it does not work for me.

hannessch
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hi,

I struggled with the same Problem and can provide a solution.
The key point was to separate your values with spaces.
For example: "Invoice1 Invoice2 Invoice3" or use any separator between the spaces like "Invoice1 , Invoice2 , Invoice3" .

You can paste this list in the Filterpane and easily select them via select possible or select all function.

naamah
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi, i'm searching for a solution in qlik sense. I know ther e is a limitation of 5000 characters, therefore if you have a longer list it won't work.