Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Creating a connection with a QlikViewDocument

I just installed NPrinting v17.3.0.0 and I tried to create a connection with a QlikView document.

When I try to reload the metadata , after a few seconds a get the following error:

"Error Request has been purged due to connection errors"

When I check the Log File , I get this :

Error while trying to add a resolver for connection navigator=qlikview;documentpath=C:\NP_Training\QlikViewDocuments\SalesDemo.qvw. ERROR: An exception was thrown while invoking the constructor 'Void .ctor(Engine.Navigator.QlikView.QlikViewConnectionString, Engine.Navigator.QlikView.IQlikViewPool)' on type 'QlikViewContentNavigator'

So , I did some research and i found this : NPrinting 17 incompatibility with Qlikview Desktop 32 Bits

and I installed QlikView Desktop 64 bits and now I get this in the log file:

Error while trying to add a resolver for connection navigator=qlikview;documentpath=C:\NP_Training\QlikViewDocuments\SalesDemo.qvw. ERROR: An exception was thrown while invoking the constructor 'Void .ctor(Engine.Navigator.QlikView.QlikViewConnectionString, --> The specified file cannot be found.

Please , someone can help me ?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Alexandre,

Login as NPrinting account user. Then just use QlikView desktop and try to open that document.

I quess you have just missed some basics which are:

• Account driving NPrinting needs to have user cal license
  • Account driving NPrinting needs to have access to document (windows security on folders)
  • Account driving NPrinting needs to have access to QlikView document if section access is applied.

Try the above and let us know how did you go.

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
woutermak
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Are you sure that you are pointing to the correct QlikView document path? Is the document on the same server as Nprinting is installed? Or is your document located on an other server?

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Alexandre,

Login as NPrinting account user. Then just use QlikView desktop and try to open that document.

I quess you have just missed some basics which are:

• Account driving NPrinting needs to have user cal license
  • Account driving NPrinting needs to have access to document (windows security on folders)
  • Account driving NPrinting needs to have access to QlikView document if section access is applied.

Try the above and let us know how did you go.

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

It worked  !!

I opened the document with QlikViewDesktop as the Nprinting account user and now the status is generated .

Thank you very much !!!!

Regards

Alex

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Great.

What connection are you using (local or qvp-Server)?

If it is a local connection remember to keep updating your license lease for NPrinting account, else it will stop working after 30 days.

QVP connection should do it automaticly.

regards Lech