Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Section Access in QV10

Hi ,

1. How to configure the section Access in the QV10 publisher. Do i need write the script in the edit script and reference it in the publisher?

2. If there are users who will be the part of AD and not part of AD .So how to configure the same. at this point i am using the AD integration.

3. What is the section Access management tab in the  QEMC.

Is there any document specific to the Section Access in QV10. please share it . I am looking at it .it is very urgent.

7 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Anyone has the document???

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Here is the document.

You will also find the same in your computer. in C:\Program Files\Qlikview\Documentation

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your response kaushik,

I have refered the dcoument . but no use.

Section Access Management

The QlikView Enterprise Management Console now provides the functionality to create, manage and store

tables that can be used to define authorization in Section Access in QlikView documents. This feature

consists of three parts:

The creation, management and storing of the actual tables which are all handled by QEMC.

The created tables are accessed from the QlikView load script using a load statement that loads from an

http address. A command in the script editor facilitates the creation of a script snippet containing this load

statement.

This feature will require a Publisher license. Learn more in the section "Authorization Management".

From this how i will know how to create the users and call the same in the load script. In the same "Authorization Management".

28.1 Authorization Management

From version 10 QlikView Enterprise Management Console can provide a centralized way of maintaining

authorization tables that are used in the section access part of a QlikView document. This is done by

letting the QlikView Administrators create and maintain the tables in the QEMC user interface. The tables

are stored in the repository and can be used by a QlikView developer as any other table by connecting to

the QlikView Management Service, for example

Example of an authorization table:

Access NT Name Country Product Group

Admin QvAdmin * *

User Bob US Socks, Shoes

User Stig Swe Ties, Hats

Table users: Sara

Column Users:

Access and NTName: John, Jenny

Product Group: Jenny

This means that when requesting the authorization table Sara will get the entire table, John will get

More information on where you create these tables are found in "Section Access Management" on page

If you see the  management console it is like this .

untitled.JPG

As a lay man how  could i will be able to proceed.  is there any example with screen shots how to add the users in the section Management tab and call it in the load script.

I am finding it very difficult.

‘Access’, ‘NT Name’ and ‘Country’, finally, Jenny will get ‘Access’, ‘NT Name’ and ‘Product Group’.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Any one has the document for same or any examples .Can u please share  it

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

For more information you can search through the community.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Kaushik . i have done that already

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

Start there, then keep looking as it's full of threads about it.

http://community.qlik.com/message/121590#121590