Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sibrulotte
Creator III
Creator III

Slider with Variable: Min and Max for a Month value

Hi,

I have a slider object, that is linked to a single variable called vMonth.

i want the min and max to be the Min and max of the field called Month.

when ever I try min(Month) or Min({1}Month) -- (same for max) -- The slider returns blank.

What am I not getting here?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sibrulotte
Creator III
Creator III
Author

UPDATE WITH CORRECT ANSWER:

I used a field that has months in it. I set my slider object to an alternate state, not to affect my objects.

Set it to discrete,

After that, this field has a trigger that on change, it sets my variable to the fields value, on that alternate state.

Thank you, mic drop , bye

View solution in original post

6 Replies
sibrulotte
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Update: I tried using Month('2017-01-01') and Month('2017-12-31') and setting the number format, override to date, and set the aprametre to MMM.

I get a Decembre on the first position, and a bunch of januaries all lined up after that.

sibrulotte
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Update: Using MonthName('2017-01-01') and setting the variable format to Date, and placing only MMMM

I was able to get it working. Unfortunately, the steps are out of wack, and cannot figure out how to make them increase one month at a time.

Basically, I can't set it to discret, and make it that the months skip from value to value. Also, using the automatic scale, puts minor units between my months. using the manual scale, set it at 12, and label every major units, I'm missing November and december.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Three Updates, Oh superb. Can you share application for fourth update please

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
sibrulotte
Creator III
Creator III
Author

There you go fine sir

sibrulotte
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Is there anybody savy about this topic?

sibrulotte
Creator III
Creator III
Author

UPDATE WITH CORRECT ANSWER:

I used a field that has months in it. I set my slider object to an alternate state, not to affect my objects.

Set it to discrete,

After that, this field has a trigger that on change, it sets my variable to the fields value, on that alternate state.

Thank you, mic drop , bye