Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlik Sense security rules -- Cannot hide edit button/duplicate sheet/create sheet options in published app

I am having some issues using security rules to hide the edit button/duplicate sheet/create new sheet options in a published app for end users. I have seen this webinar --> SenseSecurityRules.mp4 - Google Drive that shows that the edit button and create sheet options can indeed be hidden. Is this still possible, or could it only be done in an older release? I have tried adding a line to CreateAppObjectsPublishedApp that checks the user directory, "and user.UserDirectory != "XYZDirectory"  and I have tried simply disabling the rule all together. In either case, the end users can still see the edit button/duplicate sheet/create new sheet options, and can utilize all three. However, upon refresh of the page, if a sheet was added or duplicated, it will be gone. The same goes for bookmarks and stories, as they are also app objects (I know that I could use logic to exclude these). I saw another very recent thread where someone was having this exact issue --> https://community.qlik.com/thread/256168 -- This user suggests that this is the expected behavior of the rule being disabled (explicitly or via logic). Can anyone shed some light on this for me? Is it no longer possible to hide the aforementioned options in 3.2 SR2? Is duplicating a sheet not considered a create option/is it a read? I also implemented the example from Qlik --> https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/1.1/Subsystems/ManagementConsole/Content/ServerUserGuide/SUG_Confi...

Thanks!

14 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the info! Can you elaborate a bit? Have you implemented this, or have you seen it done elsewhere?

Not applicable
Author

when you creaate a mashup you have this:

http://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-developer/3.2/Subsystems/Dev-Hub/Content/Resources/Images/ui_Mashup...

If you clik on "view" you will see all the graphs you select but not the bar of " change of sheet" for duplicate or delete.

Just see bookmarks and selections.

I stay tuned.

Not applicable
Author

We sorted it out! Though nowhere in documentation, Qlik services must be restarted for thee change to take effect if a default rule is changed. However, services do not need to be restarted after a custom rule add of change. Upon restart, the rules commit back to the DB. Qlik is saying that this is working as designed -- feature, not a bug, etc. Hopefully they will add it to the documentation. Qlik technicians were helpful, thank you! Hopefully this will help those that had the same issue,

simon_koenen
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

We are facing the same issues.

I have created the solution mentioned in the help on my locally installed QlikSense Server: Security rules example: Applying Qlik Sense access rights for user types ‒ Qlik Sense

But even deactivating the standard rule and re-creating it does not improve this behaviour. Is still have to re-import the applications or restart the services or is there a qmc setting to restart the services automatically on sec rule changes? Furthermore which services need to be restarted?

Not applicable
Author

This worked for me.  Thanks!