Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Section Access Table Url

Hi,

When i click on the link 

Section Access Table Url it is promting for username and password.After providing the username,password and i am able to get the url to be used in the load sccript section access. but none of users in the table are not getting displayed.

1. Should the username and password has to be prompted  when i clciked on the

Section Access Table Url . Please suggest how to avoid the same. I tried the server document and i didnt get related data. Please suggest

14 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

If you paste the URL in your browser, can you see the user table?

Make sure that the account reloading the script has access to it

Not applicable
Author

if i paste the URL in browser it is prompting for the username and password. Once the credentials are provided i am able to see the table. Please suggest. Your reply will be highly appreciated.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

And when you try to load the table in QlikView, you see nothing at all?

Not applicable
Author

When i am trying to load the data from the Qlikview URL it shows nothing

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Ok, just so I can wrap my head around exactly what's going on, you:

1. Start QV Standalone on the same machine as the QVS?

2. Create a new doc?

3. Go to Edit Script, and click the Web Files button?

4. Paste the URL: http://MACHINENAME:4780/QMS/AuthTable?

5. Click Next > Log in prompt? > File Wizard pops up and you see nothing? No tables and no fields? Have you created any in the QEMC?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Johannes,

I have attached the Word document what is happening in my end . it will give u clear idea.

My Requirement is

1. Integerate QlikView with AD and only AD users will be able to access Qlikview.

2. Users should have access to their specific data. It has to be done through publisher.

Reduce and distribute.

based on the user it should distribute the QVW files there might be hireachy also.

3. Links will be acessed via intranet and internet.

Please suggest

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Ok, so it's not a QlikView issue but an authentication issue.

So, if you're logged on to the machine as UserX, you can access the Authentication Table link using the credentials for UserX even though you get prompted? or are you using another set of credentials at this point?

Not applicable
Author

Yes but it is prompting only when i click on Section Access Table url. In the Qlikview Accesspoint i am not facing as attached in the screenshot.

I understand if it is not promting the username and passowrd. i will be able to access the data in the Qlikview Client. So how to avoid it.

Also can u please suggest an solution for the below requirement. And what would be best practice placing multiple QVW files using loop and reduce or normal distribution with seciton access.

My Requirement is

1. Integerate QlikView with AD and only AD users will be able to access Qlikview.

2. Users should have access to their specific data. It has to be done through publisher.

Reduce and distribute.

based on the user it should distribute the QVW files there might be hireachy also.

3. Links will be acessed via intranet and internet.

Please suggest

Not applicable
Author

Has any one faced the similar issue.

Hi Johannes,

can u please help me out  on this ?????