Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kmstephenson
Creator
Creator

Interpretation of Document Analyzer Results

Hi All,

To improve speed and performance, what should I focus on in the Document Analyzer? I'm using V2.8 on a large application - I'm pulling in QVDs and most of the calculations are done outside of QV. My dashboard is 60 sheets (!!) and appears to be the heaviest in the UI, not as much in the data model. I'm not sure what I should focus on in the Document Analyzer, and what I should be comparing RAM footprint, calc time, etc. to.... what is acceptable? What times do you all shoot for when the dashboard is opened or a selection is made? If the end users don't want to split up the application into multiple dashboards and document chain, what would you recommend as a work around to improve performance?

Thanks!!

Kristina

25 Replies
tellmalaika17
Contributor II
Contributor II

That's not the case. I have another table which has 18 columns but the expression count for one RGB shows 27.

Thanks

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Are you using a -prj directory in the analysis?

-Rob

tellmalaika17
Contributor II
Contributor II

Yes I am...

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Are you using custom format cell on that chart as well?

-Rob

tellmalaika17
Contributor II
Contributor II

Yes it is straight table with alternate rows in white and grey color.  The count 42 is just for grey color.

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Contact me via the contact form on Contact | Qlikview Cookbook. I may need to see your prj files to explain this.

-Rob