Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Left keep - than to replace?

Hello dear colleagues! Faced the problem - when using the LEFT KEEP I lost the record, I decided to replace the LEFT KEEP on OUTER JOIN, but there was another problem - an error that the following table could not be found. What else can you replace the LEFT KEEP except for an OUTER JOIN?

Tab_1:

left keep(TABLE_2)  "I Replace left keep on outer join in this line"

LOAD

fld_1,  

fld_2,

fld_3,

fld_4,

fld_5

FROM [$(vPathLoadEvents)]

(qvd);

Dict:

left keep(TABLE_3)

LOAD

fld_1,

fld_2

FROM

(qvd);

5 Replies
sunny_talwar

What exactly are you trying to do here? Why do you need Left Keep or Outer Join? Can you elaborate on your requirement?

Not applicable
Author

I need to check the values in TABLE_2 when loading from vPathLoadEvents and if there is a value in TABLE_2, then create an entry in Tab_1 by adding values from TABLE_2. But in my case, in TABLE_2 there is no entry for the field fld_1 and I probably need some condition that if I do not find an entry in TABLE_2 the same fields are filled with values from [$ (vPathLoadEvents)]. I wrote very intricately?

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Yoor explanation is a bit confusing. In Table_1, do you want to load rows that have a corresponding entry in TABLE_2, or do you want to load rows from the [$(vPathLoadEvents)] data source for which no corresponding entry exists in TABLE_2?

Or do you want to load all rows with a corresponding entry in TABLE_2 from one data source into Table_1, and add all remaining rows - that are missing in TABLE_2 - from the [$(vPathLoadEvents)] data source? In that case it might be easier to use a WHERE Not Exists() clause.

Not applicable
Author

Peter, in my case, it is necessary load rows from the [$(vPathLoadEvents)] data source for which no corresponding entry exists in TABLE_2. But I was bewildered myself, because the task was wrongly set and accordingly I could not formulate the question.

I am grateful to you for your sympathy and interest in my problem.

Not applicable
Author

I am grateful to you for your sympathy and interest in my problem.