Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Send Criteria Selection To Excel

Hi

I am relatively new to using Qlikview and was wondering if there was a way / function to export the current selection criteria used when exporting a pivot / graph / data set to excel. This would allow end users to ensure what they have exported is what the actually wanted to export

Thanks

9 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Just like the pivot / graph / data you can also export the current selection to excel file.

Go to the properties of current selection box- >Caption -> you will see the checkbox named send to excel. Check that box. Click ok.

Right click on current selection box, you will see the send to excel option.

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Kaushik for your reply

What I am looking for is slightly more advanced I think and I am not sure if it can be completed. What I am trying to do is that when somebody exports pivot / graph / data then as part of that process the Selection Criteria is automatically sent to excel aswell. Not to have them having to do two actions. Like a global trigger on the document that when an object is sent to excel it will automatically also send the selection criteria

Thanks

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Yes you can achieve this using macros.

But it is advisable not to use macros as they effects the performance of the application

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Kaushik

I am presuming that you would need to use the getcurrentselections() function ?

Is it a response time issue on why you advise not to use a macro. Again apologies very new to this software and any advice is appreciated.

I am not sure if I would be able to write a script to do this but I have found this article and it seems to do what I need. Also the last piece about the Qlikview server and reg key is something that I can allow all users to defacult to

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ QlikTech \ QlikOcx \ Settings 7]
2"SelectionStampInBIFFExport" = "1"

http://www.qlikblog.at/583/qliktip-1-transferring-current-selections-excelexport-translated/

Thanks for all of your help

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Yes the procedure given in the link is the perfect way to achieve what you want.

I have tried this, you also try this.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

jarno_loubser
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Any way to enable current selections export with export to excel on the ajax client?

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Jarno,

Instead of ajax client you can use the IE client. (IE plugins).

Its working in IE clients

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

jarno_loubser
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi,

Unfortunately we use QlikView on Apple as well as Microsoft and therefor selected Ajax as the client of choice.

Any other suggestions?

Regards,

Jarno

jarno_loubser
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Does anyone have an ajax solution to exporting current selections with export to excel?