Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
waydec_ses
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qlik sense desktop server authentication attempt fails 3.2

Hi,

Downloaded Qlik Sense 3.2 SR 1 last night and authenticated against my Qlik customer ID to Qlik.com site.  It worked fine.

After a few logins over the course of the night and to save me logging in each time I opened Qlik Sense, I checked Save Password with the correct credentials (as it went straight in after I checked the box).  Went to log in again this morning and it says cannot authenticate.

I've trolled the Qlik forums and one article mentioned that I have to log in each time I open Qlik Sense.  I clicked register and the form pre-populates most of my information except the username and password for which I enter my normal Qlik ID credentials.  A message appears that says I cannot use some sort of characters, but that is my normal Qlik login details....

How do I now turn off this automated server authentication process so that I can manually log in?  Have tried uninstalls and re-installs of earlier free versions then install of 3.2 SR1 but it tries to automatically authenticate every time I open QLik Sense 3.2 SR1.  Very frustrating.

Thanks in advance for any help here..

Wayde

18 Replies
devarasu07
Master II
Master II

Hi,

I'm also getting same issue, qlik sense 3.2 SR1 version was able to connect & created app last night using Qlik credentials but this morning unable to login getting error "Server authentication attempt failed" .

1.jpg

Tks,

Deva

devarasu07
Master II
Master II

Hi,

able to resolve resolve the "Server Authentication attempt failed" issue by doing below steps

• Stop Qlik Sense Desktop
  • On the machine where Qlik Sense Desktop is installed go to: C:\Users\<user_prof>\AppData\Local\Temp
    (Where <user_prof> - is your Windows user id such as in my example: C:\Users\mtarallo.MTARALLO\AppData\Local\Temp
  • Locate any files that start with Qlik_Sense_Desktop_<date_time>.log or any file name with qlik and delete them

re-open qliksense desktop it should work.

give a try and let us know.

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Thanks,

Deva

waydec_ses
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Deva,

Thanks for taking the time to help me out.

Unfortunately after clearing the log files with the word Qlik, I still get the same issue...

Regards,

Wayde

devarasu07
Master II
Master II

Hi Wayde,

how you cleared?  i just removed below highlighted Qlik folder and then re-opened my Qlik sense 3.2 SR1 and it's working fine.  possible can you share your screen image? tks

1.jpg

waydec_ses
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Deva,

I don't have a folder as shown in your screen capture.  What I did do was backup my apps, extensions and content folders from local Qlik Sense directory and uninstall Qlik Sense.

I then went through and remove the remaining file and folder remnants with the word Qlik on my local drive and the registry.  Re-installed Qlik 3.2 SR1 and it now prompts me for my user name (finally).  That has solved the issue for me.

Thank you for help here.

Wayde

Not applicable

Having this exact same issue and none of the solutions work. Tried removing the cache files and all other files on all hard disks with "qlik". Removed all "qlik" registry entries. Reinstalled several times. Cleared the Chrome cache.

Still no login screen, just "server authentication error". Was working until I tried to upgrade today.

Joe

@mto

Not applicable

Hi Joseph!

Just making sure this is tagged correctly!

mto‌  Joseph is encountering this issue when trying to upgrade Qlik Sense, is this something you could help with? Or do you know anyone who could be of assistance?

Thank you so much!

Michael Polacco

Not applicable

mto‌  I upgraded to the new version today.I am not able to login. I get the following error.

Error..jpg

I contacted the online chat support: tried the solution in https://community.qlik.com/thread/252958

and the https://community.qlik.com/thread/222887

Both did not work. I also uninstalled Qlik Sense completely and reinstalled. Did not work.

Can someone please help ?

I work within a corporate network. My network settings requires a automatic configuration script which is setup correctly

I have attached my log files for your reference

DavidŠtorek
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

do you run Qlik Sense on corporate network? Maybe the issue is here.

I nstaled new version today and have same issue ("Server authentication attempt failed") and it was because of corporate network settings. I asked IT to allow required connection and it works now.