Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oliver_F
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Can not get to the landing page of iPortal

Hi there,

today I wanted to test iPortal on a developement server. First I tried the installer. Second I tried the manual installation ( iPortal/dev_env_setup_guide.md at master · eapowertools/iPortal · GitHub ).

In both scenarios I am not able to open https://localhost:3090 or https://localhost/iportal/hub.

What do I have to do to get the server running?

Some things that might be the source for the problem:

- in git there is no iportal_users.xlsx therefore i used the .csv files. but in the config.js there is still a link to the excel path.

- I do not want to setup the reference of GSS to have an demonstration. therefore i skipped the setup of the GSS security rules.

Looking forward for your replies!

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dyo
Employee
Employee

This can be resolved by manually installing the PowerToolsService.  To do this follow these steps after running the iPortal.exe

1.  Navigate to C:\Program Files\Qlik\Sense\EAPowerTools\iportal\temp   and edit createServiceDispatcher.bat

2.  Modify the SC Create line to include the full path to the .exe

C:\Program Files\Qlik\Sense\EAPowerTools\PowerToolsServiceDispatcher\PowerToolsService.exe

3. Open a CMD prompt (Important to Run as Administrator)

4. Paste/execute each of the SC Create, Description, Start lines

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Not applicable

Hi Oliver,

I highly recommend using the installer over the manual config.  Make sure to run it as an admin.  If you are not able to reach the iportal it could be a number of factors.

What OS are you using?

Did you install on the Qlik Sense server?

Did you install as administrator?

Did the UDC and virtual proxy mentioned in the install get configured in the QMC?

Oliver_F
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi Jeffrey,

I reinstalled it again and made sure i used admin rights. Same Problem.

It is a 2008 R2 Windows server.

Virtual Proxy was installed (changed it to authentification module and white list to localhost).

UDC was configured successfull and able to sync.

Oliver_F
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Is there anything that i could try out?

reanfadyl
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

I have the same issue.  The UDC, users and Virtual Proxy all seem to be set up OK.

Not applicable

Hi there,

it could be that the iportal is not starting up.  One possibility could be that the EA Powertools Service Dispatcher service did not get installed.

Can you verify the service?  If it is not there, it will need to be added manually.  I'm creating some instructions on how to do that.

jg

Oliver_F
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hey there,

QlikEAPowerToolsServiceDispatcher ist not running on the server. So this might be the reason for not loading the landing page.

Would be great if you could create some instructions of how to manually add the service.

all the best

oliver

dyo
Employee
Employee

This can be resolved by manually installing the PowerToolsService.  To do this follow these steps after running the iPortal.exe

1.  Navigate to C:\Program Files\Qlik\Sense\EAPowerTools\iportal\temp   and edit createServiceDispatcher.bat

2.  Modify the SC Create line to include the full path to the .exe

C:\Program Files\Qlik\Sense\EAPowerTools\PowerToolsServiceDispatcher\PowerToolsService.exe

3. Open a CMD prompt (Important to Run as Administrator)

4. Paste/execute each of the SC Create, Description, Start lines

Oliver_F
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Perfect, that worked very well.

Now that the demo case is set up, I will have to figure out how to actually use iPortal.

Thanks a lot!