Skip to main content
Announcements
Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

can Nprinting 17.3 be used with Qlikview 11.2?

I have been told by the company we have purchased Nprinting and Qlikview from (we are currently using Nprinting 17.0.2.0 and Qlikview 11.2) that Nprinting 17.3 is only used in conjunction with Qlik Sense and not Qlikview.

Is this correct?  17.3 has more useful functions (dynamic variables in email is one of them) that was useful with Nprinting 16. If this is correct then it's a shame that by using Qlikview and not Qlik Sense, we cannot get all the functions from Nprinting.  Or is it because we aren't using Qlikview 12?

Many thanks,

Rhiannon

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
gs_victa_nl
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi Rhiannon,

No, it is not correct to say that NPrinting 17.3 will only work with Qlik Sense. If you look at this link: System requirements for Qlik NPrinting Engine ‒ Qlik NPrinting you will see the supported configurations. You can use the NPrinting Engine with QlikView 11.20 SR15+.

I don't know for sure that the Dynamic Variables in email has the same functionality as it had in NPrinting 16. But I think that somebody else can tell that.

If you are already using NPrinting 17. I would suggest, and somebody correct me if i'm wrong, that you update to the latest version of NP 17. Beware of the update procedure. You need to do it in steps. Take a look here: Upgrading Qlik NPrinting ‒ Qlik NPrinting

Kind regards,

Gerald

View solution in original post

2 Replies
gs_victa_nl
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi Rhiannon,

No, it is not correct to say that NPrinting 17.3 will only work with Qlik Sense. If you look at this link: System requirements for Qlik NPrinting Engine ‒ Qlik NPrinting you will see the supported configurations. You can use the NPrinting Engine with QlikView 11.20 SR15+.

I don't know for sure that the Dynamic Variables in email has the same functionality as it had in NPrinting 16. But I think that somebody else can tell that.

If you are already using NPrinting 17. I would suggest, and somebody correct me if i'm wrong, that you update to the latest version of NP 17. Beware of the update procedure. You need to do it in steps. Take a look here: Upgrading Qlik NPrinting ‒ Qlik NPrinting

Kind regards,

Gerald

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

From my experience you definitely should be keeping up with the latest version of 17.x to get the latest features and performance improvements.