Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alexandergrando
Contributor III
Contributor III

Creating Date Flag Columns or Rows

Hi everyone,

I have a script at yearly granularity for the past 4 years that I would like to modify so that it also includes quarterly, monthly, weekly, and daily granularity for the past 4 years. Attached is a sample app with sample data. My goal is to create a line trend with a cyclical group dimension that cycles through these different grains. This method of scripting in date columns is the only thing I can think of for accomplishing this. Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

which date column you need to be in ranges of week, month and quarter??

With this part of script

Data:

LOAD %PropertyKey,

date(BegDateOfOperation) as BegDateOfOperation,

date(EndDateOfOperation) as EndDateOfOperation

FROM

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Sheet2);

LEFT JOIN (Data)

LOAD year(Today())-IterNo()+1 as YearGranularity

AutoGenerate 1

While IterNo() <=4;

as you are not having YearGranularity field in Data table, its a cross join. You may need interval match with calendar and BegDateOfOperation,EndDateOfOperation.

IntervalMatch

alexandergrando
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Shiva,

Thank you for your response. I'm still very new to QlikView and not sure what you mean. I'm trying to trend the count of active %PropertyKey on any given granularity specified by the user. The BegDateOfOperation and EndDateOfOperation columns are used to calculate whether the property was active during the time frame that the user specifies. Please let me know if you have any more questions or comments.