Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any one successful in using Jmeter for Load testing?

I tried NTLM authentication ,it is of no use because each session is killed by new simulated user.

I also tried Custom authentication as per the Scalability document by implementing IIS and it didn't work either.

(Access point page is not loading after replacing the Authentication.aspx  file )

Has anyone get the Scalabilty tool working?If yes, which type of authentication you used?

43 Replies
Sebastian_Fredenberg

Hi,

Your error message means that you have the same username in several sessions at once. You need to ensure that each user in your script really sends in a different username in the header - and also that there are available CAL:s to assign. To check what each user sends in, look in the results tree in jmeter and make sure that each simulated user sends in a headername that is different to other users. See below.

headeruser1.JPG

So if you have 50 Named CALs, each simulated user needs to use a CAL that is available to pick - so generally 50 rows in your textfile used for the headerfile. Also, you can at most have 50 such sessions ongoing at the same time.

Here is on thread with the same behavious, but I believe there are more: .

As for the question, yes you can test with Named CALs but you can at most simulate as many as there are available CALs at once. You do need to use header authentication for that though.

/sebastian

anuj_qlik
Contributor II
Contributor II

@

Hi,

@
actually I am trying to do load testing on Qlikview dashboard (.qvw) files using Jmeter, but getting the error 401,404 errors on all the dashboard reports specially on all the AccessPoints.aspx of reports(.qvw)  due to which I am unable to move further

There is a  NTLM authentication in our Qlikview server(which cannot be changed), everything is working perfect when I access the application without Jmeter Proxy(manully using the application), but as I set the proxy settings in my browser, there is a certification error "untrusted certificate" in IE and also as I click on any of the dashboard file(.qvw) it gives me a 404 error

when I run the script again in Jmeter, it is showing 401 Unauthorized on all of the accesspoints.aspx and non of the dashboard is getting passed

please suggest me the solution, I have seen everything on qlik community, no solution found till yet, already gone through with the scalability tool and getting same issue,

please try to provide the solution in context of directly using Jmeter only, please reply as soon as anybody can

Thanks

Sebastian_Fredenberg

Hi Anuj

Could you give some more context to your problem? Are you experiencing a problem using the Scalability Tools or are you doing your own solution using jmeter?

We can provide help regarding the scalability tools. NTLM should work fine as long as the confguration is correct, the user running the tool have access and if you have enough session CALs to simulate the load

cheers

Sebastian

anuj_qlik
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Sebastian,

Thanks for the quick reply, I am facing this issue using jmeter only, because we have to do the load testing by directly record and play the jmeter script, and when I am clicking on any qvw report it gives the 404 error(page cannot be displayed)

yes there is an NTLM authentication, and when we are manually using the application, it is working absolutely fine, and even all the qvw's are showing the reports without 404 error,

right now I have only one valid user and I am just checking the feasibility directly by jmeter record

Thanks

Anuj

Sebastian_Fredenberg

Hi,

Many things could be the reason for it not working by just a record and replay in jmeter. From the top of my hand you will need proper handling of responses from the QVS and cookie handlers. As for responsen from the QVS, a biggie is that id:s of objects in the qvf are dynamic so a pure replay will not guarantee you do the things you want.

All that is already included in the scalability tools so I'd advice you to use the solution that is available already. Is there a aspecific reason for not using the tools?

/Sebastian

anuj_qlik
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Sebastian,

thanks for the solution, I have added a cookie manger and restarted the jmeter proxy server(from http script recorder) right after the getting 404 error on qvw and refreshed the page and Bingo!!!, report got displayed and get recorded as well, I have done some changes after the recording, like added the ${__time} function in the script as required and mainly in the authorization manager, by default it was recorded with Kerberos but I changed it to the Basic_Digest and the authentication is passed as well

but now I just wanted to know I have many qvw reports, so what should I do to move further, should I record them separately (new script for each qvw) or should I just record all the reports into one script

If I chose 2nd option then the script will become so huge, because so many AccessPoints and QvsViewpoints are recorded in my 1st script with only one qvs dashboard.

can you please more elaborate about these AccessPoints and QvsViewpoints, because I have disabled them and even after the main report is giving me the response.

and as you said to use scalability tool, actually I don't have mush idea about the tool to use it and already worked with jmeter that why I am preferring Jmeter

Thanks

Anuj

Sebastian_Fredenberg

Hi,

Good that the cookie manager solved that, I guessed that was one reason. However even if that works, it is not as simple as just to do a regular recording and then replaying the scenario succesfully. You need to be aware of how the communication protocol works towards QV in order to get a proper simulation - one reason is what I mentioned before: Every object you interact with will get a dynamic id assigned to it when the document is opened. This means that the recorded id:s of the objects you want to interract with is likely not the same as when you did the recording.

As for the specific requests you asked about: If you disable accesspoint and /QvAJAXZfc/QvsViewClient.aspx you will remove authentication and all AJAX requests (more or less every action done towards QV, apart from getting static resources) so you cannot do a simulation without those.

Again I recommend the Scalability Tools (found here on community), as these are tailored to do load tests towards QlikView or Qlik Sense deployments. They assist in creating runnable scripts based on what user actions you want to simulate. In the Qlikview case, those scripts are run in jmeter.

/sebastian

anuj_qlik
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Sebastian,

I have tried to record the script using scalability tool, I have passed the qvw's address url from its properties(by right clicking on .qvw) and not the URL after clicking on the qvw from the address bar because that's different then its properties one, and then I passed the URL to the Document URL and then selected NTLM authentication, passed the user credentials on the section access.txt

but when I click on generate script it is showing writing..... xyz.jmx on popup and never finished the script(does it show any pop up like script generated or something like that?) but xml created under execution

now I came to the scenario part, I have not done anything on that portion because I don't have any scenarios yet so just wanted to check weather that qvw report got opened or not with its result via this tool

but I tried with 2 scenarios:

1st by checking accesspoint and opendoc under scenarios with black labels(what I have to put there I don't know), then I passed the jmeter bin path to the settings under execution and generate script and clicked on run all script I got 96% error

2nd everything unchecked under scenario and run execution which finished with 0 % error but when I opened that script in jmeter it has nothing inside rather then its default scalability parameters, non of my url part is present there

Please suggest me step by step procedure if you can, that would be really appreciable

Thanks

Anuj

Sebastian_Fredenberg

Hi,

There is documentation for the tool, that should answer a lot of your questions and also give a step by step instruction how you use it. I can however give some answers to your immediate questions:

First of all I'm not sure if menat that you did use the url or not as input for your document, but regardless you do need the url as seen in the address bar in your browser. When you generate the script and get the popup, it should write finished when it is done. I'm not sure you did everyhting in the right order or input the correct settings (like the document url) if you say that it does not show.

The scenario should be done before generating the script as this is the script. As for the scenario, you actually describe your initial scenario - opening the document. That is a valid scenario and those actions (accesspoint, open doc) are always pregenerated in the scenario section.

Labels can be left blank, that is not causing your errors. I guess it is due to something incorrect as mentioned before. Usage of all actions is covered in the documentation.

A note is that if you uncheck everyhing in the scenario no actions will happen when running the script, so sure it will not produce errors but will also not do anything due to no scenario.

If you want to see that the document is opened and everything works as it shoudl the best way is to right click on the script in the Execution tab and select "open in jmeter". Then enable the view results tree and run the script to validate that all requests are succesful.

My best recommendation is to make use of the documentation (found in the documenation folder of the tool package) and also if you come to running a performance test it is very useful to use the the Analyzer application also found here in the community.

cheers

/sebastian

anuj_qlik
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Sebastian,

I have created tne script for one qvw report using scalability and run that using jmeter and It worked after few changes in jmeter itself, like manually added the http authorization manager for authentication .aspx and it worked and got the response as well for that particular report

now I have to create the script for different qvw reports, so I read in the scalability tool doc , that we can use "Use Reduce Document List" and I placed the document name of qvw in the doclist.txt file in each line but its not working

what I have done here is:

passed the Document URL for one qvw report and then added the qvw in doclist

eg: http://servername/QvAjaxZfc/opendoc.htm?document=xyz%20abc_ab.qvw&host=localhost into the document URL

and passed the document variant into the doclist.txt

xyz%20abc_ab.qvw

xyz%20abc_ab1.qvw

xyz%20abc_ab2.qvw

also I have passed 3 iteration in run settings as i am providing 3 documents qvw's

but it didn't worked, please suggest  me is this ok I am doing with, or what will be the solution to pass different reports in the script with one qvw report.

Thanks,

Anuj