Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jjohnstonti618
Contributor III
Contributor III

Horizontal legend still showing vertical

I have read 100 different correct answer posts to this question and yet it doesnt seem to work when i follow the exact steps described.

I have a basic chart here:

pie1.PNG

After resetting the user sizing and docking, i click the chart, hold down ctrl+shift, see the red lines, i drag the right legend area to the bottom until it "snaps" into the bottom horizontal area, let go.  Clearly it moved the legend to the bottom as I want, but the values are still displaying vertical and no matter what I do in terms of dragging those red lines every which way, i cant get Region 1 and 2 to display across the bottom horizontally.  Still looks like this:

pie2.PNG

If the answer is "you're doing something wrong", I guess I will just accept that.  But is there something particular you need to do after you snap it to the bottom?  Do you have to drag the red lines a certain way? etc....

Thanks

James

6 Replies
sunny_talwar

Unsnap it from the bottom and then you will see that the right red line is not dragged all the way to the right... extend it and then again snap it to the bottom... this should resolve your issue

jjohnstonti618
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

i tried that--- i snap it, and then unsnap and manually drag the red line around legend area WAY past the chart area to the right...then snap it back... still no dice... it shows the 2 results still one on top of the another and not horizontal

(furthermore, if i make the legend area more narrow vertically, which youd THINK would automatically force the 2nd region to display the right of the first one, it doesnt....it just results in a blank legend 

sunny_talwar

Would you be able to share what you have to try this at out end?

jjohnstonti618
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

here is the link to the test file i was using (cuz i was working on some other export stuff as well)... but just look at the first pie chart...ive been playing with this trying to get Region 1 and Region 2 to show horizontally and i cant do it

https://community.qlik.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/3889-1-57519/qlikblog_ExportToMultipleExcelS...

this is the pie's current status  LOL

pie3.PNG

jjohnstonti618
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Looks like it is either a bug or they intentionally left it out for pie charts specifically.  Several other posts claim it is not possible on pie charts (it works fine on my combo bar/line chart...i shouldve gotten the hint).  They show workarounds involving using block charts, text boxes, etc... but those wont work if you are constantly interacting with and changing your data.

I can live with the vertical display for now.  Thanks for looking into this.

-James

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

AFAIK, still no horizontal legends in pie charts.

Alining chart legend horizontally at the bottom, so they are next to each other is still valid, I guess...