Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Disable State Sharing?

I'm not sure if "state sharing" is the proper terminology, but I've noticed that if I have two browsers open to the same page, any selections I make in one browser is reflected in the second browser.

Is it possible to turn off this behavior?

FWIW, the use case is that business users would like to compare side-by-side the performance of two different suppliers. That is, same app and sheet, but one browser window is showing SupplierA, the other browser window showing SupplierB.

Thanks,

Mike

3 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

The session state (selections) are tied to the userid. Therefore a user opening the app in multiple browsers will see the same selections in force.

-Rob

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes, but I'm wondering is whether it's possible to modify that behavior. It appears Qlik sessions are tied to the user and application. That is, if I open a copy of the application, that state is not shared.

What I'd like to do is have the sessions be unique, say, to the browser instance. That way a user could view the same sheet, filter on different criteria (two different suppliers in this example) and be able to compare side-by-side,

Regards,

Mike

ErikWetterberg

Hi Mike,

Qlik Sense actually has this, there is a parameter called 'identity' you can specify when connecting. The only place I know where you can specify this is in single Single Integration API ‒ Qlik Sense.

Hope this helps

Erik Wetterberg

Qlik Sense consultant