Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Distribution to resources failed with errors

Hello all, I have problem about send email from QV publisher.

First I send PDF from QV Server publisher and this file not more than 2 mb. It's OK all.

But then this PDF file more than 2 mb. It's show error this >>

Could not print report. ErrorCode=PRINTER_UNKNOWN_ERROR. ReportID=Document\RP03

l_FilePackage.FileList.Count is zero

Distribution failed for resource "Distribute of QVW\.qvw_MailAttachment_1" (MailAttachmentDistributionResource). Warnings=0, Errors=2

Distribution to resources failed with errors. Warnings=0, Errors=3

The task "Distribute of QVW\.qvw" failed. ErrorCount=4

How to resolve this ??

Thank

4 Replies
danielrozental
Master II
Master II

Maybe the smtp server being used for distributing the emails doesn't allow attachments bigger than 2 MB? you should talk to the smtp server administrator to find out.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Daniel,

We have check the SMTP, it doesn't seem to be the issue because when we send a QVW file which is more than 2M, the email went through.

Email with pdf less than 1M went though as well.  The problem now is when the PDF file is around 2M, somehow we are getting the error above and it's saying that FileListCount = 0.

We checked the publisher\distribution service\temp file, we do see the PDF file in there, however it does not send out and being deleted.

Is it possible that the process of generating the PDF is taking longer that the next process of retrieving the file start before the file is available?  Where can we check or change the time between processes?

Please assist, we are stucked in this and cannot move on with the project.

Thanks and best regards

Thitiwat

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

Sorry, seems to me like you should discuss it with support.

Not applicable
Author

Hi everyone,

I got the same error and after research about it I got to this conclusion:

When we have a task which send a PDF by mail we can not have any hidden object in our report, because for any reason Qlikview lose the reference to these objects and QV doesn't know how to make the report.

I hope it helps

Regards