Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stuwannop
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Embedded CRM link?

Hello

First time poster!

I currently pull some data from Microsoft CRM and I was wondering if it was possible to display a field that acts as a hyperlink to the CRM record?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Stu

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kim_rormark
Partner - Contributor III

I just want to clarify this one, for others having the same problem. Instead of the '{' and '}' in the link (that represents the entity) use HTML-formatting. With this I mean %7b for { and %7d for }. This problem can also occur with other types of links, not only for the MSCRM.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Stu,
Yes, it is possible.
The URL includes:
- part that points to the CRM
- part that points to entity (Account or Contact, etc.)
- Entity ID (i.e. ACCOUNTID)
In fact, if you're comfortable with CRM, you know where to find the structure of URL.

miredoju
Creator
Creator

Hi,

I`ve include hyperlinks from MSCRM into qlikview - but the link don`t work....

If I copy the link from qlikview (right mouse click - copy to clipboard - value) into the browser everthing is ok, but if I click on the link in qlikview there will be a error message from MS CRM....

Error

An error has occurred.

Try this action again. If the problem continues, check the MSCRM Community....

Thanks for help.

Michael

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had something similar, and it was a bug in a specific QV version, don't remember now which one. I did find a fix though.  Could you please copy/paste the URLhere?  The last part is enough.  Want to see if this is the same problem.

Regards,
Michael

miredoju
Creator
Creator

Hi Michael,

today I discuss with our CRM Team - the problem was very easy.....

The crm link in qlikview looks at the end like this:   .....e13c8-9cb5-df11-93fe-001c230b619c}#

This was no problem if I use cut & paste to put it in the Internet explorer....but by hyperlink in qlikview I have to trim the link.....

Without the last sign # the hyperlink works perfect.

Thanks!

Michael

Anonymous
Not applicable

Correct - this is the same exact problem that I had, and the exactly the solution that found when noticed that # was coverted in URL by QlikView.  It worked fine without # in any QV version.

Not every QV version has this problem.  I submitted it as a bug to QlikTech.

Thanks,
Michael

kim_rormark

I just want to clarify this one, for others having the same problem. Instead of the '{' and '}' in the link (that represents the entity) use HTML-formatting. With this I mean %7b for { and %7d for }. This problem can also occur with other types of links, not only for the MSCRM.

stuwannop
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Just in case anyone can't get the HTML to work I worked around it by using the Replace function below. HTML format a lot easier though!!

='Click here<url>http://crm:5555/CRM2011Live/main.aspx?etc=10001&extraqs=formid%3d33e6ddef-3de7-4d62-8f2e-53101378529...' & Replace(Replace(PProjectID,'{',''),'}','') & '%7d&pagetype=entityrecord'