Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

GetWebTicket returns "Invalid Call"

Hi,

I recently installed QV12 in a Windows Server 2016 (let's say 'server A'). In my local PC, I then created a console app to test requesting a web ticket to server A.

The app runs correctly in my local PC (valid web ticket returned). I copied the console app to 3 different servers and run them separately. They work normally & valid tickets returned. However, when I run the console app from the server A itself, the app keeps getting 'Invalid Call'.

Note that all servers and my own PC have been included in the Trusted IP list.

Any idea what's wrong? Thanks.

Regards,

Pradana

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Problem solved.

For my case, I included the IPv6 of the localhost in the <TrustedIP> list, then it just worked (I get the correct ticket). This only happens if the Qlikview server and code calling the GetWebTicket are on the same server.

If the custom code is on a different server than the QV, listing the IPv4 is enough (no IPv6 needed).

Is it new security feature, or default behavior of QV, or some settings on ther servers?

Thanks.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Problem solved.

For my case, I included the IPv6 of the localhost in the <TrustedIP> list, then it just worked (I get the correct ticket). This only happens if the Qlikview server and code calling the GetWebTicket are on the same server.

If the custom code is on a different server than the QV, listing the IPv4 is enough (no IPv6 needed).

Is it new security feature, or default behavior of QV, or some settings on ther servers?

Thanks.