Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

help with macro... :-(

Hi,

I'm a newbie in QV, in a pair of days I'll partecipate at the Designer training in Milan

I'm working with QV10, I am developing a report with a button. I want a simple alert/messagebox. In not-WebView it's alla right, in Web-View (and especially in the customer's server) it doesn't work!

The code in macro is:

sub mostraMessaggio()

msgbox("Ciao")

end sub

and it's linked to a button (properties --> Actions --> Add -->Execute Macro --> External macro

I saw in QEMC too, the allow unsafe and allow execute of macro are flagged... but the problem is bigger: neither in my pc it doesn't work

Of course it isn't only for this messagebox... but either for other macros that doesn't work...

Thank you for your help!

Simon

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Simon,

Certain macros will not work well with Webview/Ajax client, depending on what they do.

I suspect that the msgbox() call will be one of those things that might be tricky to implement in the installationless Ajax client.

If you ellaborate a bit on what you're trying to create I'm sure there's some kind of convenient workaround to it

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Johannes,

it was due to Ajax mode that doesn't supports certain macro. Switching on IE Plugin it does works!

🙂

Simon