Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jerifortune
Creator III
Creator III

Restricting Access to "Connect my Data"

Hi Team,

I am working on how to restrict some group of users from creating a connection on the hub. I restricted them to have access to QVD folders only however, data connectors still appears. Please, how do I disable "Connect my data" tab on the hub?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Vincenzo_Esposito

Hi Jerry,

If you want to restrict the right to create new connections you need to modify the security rule "Data Connection". Fir example you can modify the rule as:

((resource.type!="folder") and (user.roles="DataAdmin"))

This rule creates also a new role called "DataAdmin and grant only to the users with this role to create new Connections.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Vincenzo_Esposito

Hi Jerry,

If you want to restrict the right to create new connections you need to modify the security rule "Data Connection". Fir example you can modify the rule as:

((resource.type!="folder") and (user.roles="DataAdmin"))

This rule creates also a new role called "DataAdmin and grant only to the users with this role to create new Connections.

jerifortune
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thank you Vincenzo,

I earlier applied such rule, however the "Connect my data" tab is still showing. I don't want users to see the connectors.

Regards,

Jerry Ogwa

jerifortune
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Vincenzo,

Never mind. I am good now. I was using an existing add to test the restriction only to discover that the changes applies to a new app. This is funny.

Thank you

Not applicable

Hi Jerry & Vincenzo,

Had the same issue using June 2017 edition. What you mention here is KEY! Whenever you edit/disable the existing "Data Connections" security rule, the change applies only for new apps! Does not apply for the existing apps.

This is funny - and in my humble opinion, it is also a bug.

Thanks

Vincenzo_Esposito

You should have a different behavior for the app owner, due to a special security rule. Probably you're using the app owner on the existing app

vindhya_giri
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Ves,

Could you please explain a little more on the process?

I would like to restrict the rights for only one account from creating Database connections from QlikView.

Can you please guide on where to create the new connections for  the security rule "Data Connection"? And where can I find the existing security rule?

Please advise.

Thanks much

Regards

Vindhya