Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Nprinting server: "Allocated memory exceeded"

Hi,

I am having a strange issue with Nprinting server.

When I run the Nprinting report manually from the client side the pdf report in the output folder is created successfully. However, when I set a schedule for the report to be automatically generated by the Nprinting server, every chart is showing an "allocated memory exceeded" error. It was running successfully a couple of days ago.

Anyone have a clue what might be causing this problem?

Thanks!

Untitled.png

12 Replies
gs_victa_nl
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Dear All,

I am having the same kind of errors. Does anybody know a solution to it?

Cheers,

Gerald

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi All,

• Does you application have secction access?
  • Does it use datareduction based on section access?

As you are running task as a service account i would suggest using the same account when testing or even building QlikView app. That way if there is a field missing (maybe OMIT) i section access, or variable is not calculated which needs to be a part of expression in charts.

I would review expressions and look for a gaps which can potentialy cause a chart to fail calculating and rendering.

Consider also reviewing expressions like those for dimension/expression text, background colour or format as well as those for captions!

I came accross this issue couple times where there was wrong text format applied  '<B>', without quotes...

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

BTW. What version of NPrinting are you running this task in.

• are those charts based on "Always one selected value" selection maybe?

Remember that NPrinting 17 removes all selections before task execution so you would need a filter to put that selection back! Also remember that if this is a case then it would put lots of stress on Qlik server as it will try to calculate expression which is designed to be calculated in different way.

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.