Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any one successful in using Jmeter for Load testing?

I tried NTLM authentication ,it is of no use because each session is killed by new simulated user.

I also tried Custom authentication as per the Scalability document by implementing IIS and it didn't work either.

(Access point page is not loading after replacing the Authentication.aspx  file )

Has anyone get the Scalabilty tool working?If yes, which type of authentication you used?

43 Replies
Sebastian_Fredenberg

Hi,

A note is that if you use the reduced document list all documents needs to be the same qvw (basically loop and reduced versions of a larger document) so that they contain the same id:s. If not, it will be a problem if it comes to performing selections in objects or changing sheets. If you only do opendoc, I'm quite certain you can use the doclist however.

That could be the reason why it is not working for you, but if not then you need to be more specific what the error is.

If all qvws are similar you can use the reduced list, if not then you need separate scripts for each as every script corresponds to a specific user scenario.

/sebastian

anuj_qlik
Contributor II
Contributor II

do you mean that I have to write the document url till opendoc.htm?

http://servername/QvAjaxZfc/opendoc.htm?into the document URL

document=xyz%20abc_ab.qvw&host=localhost and ignore this part

and then pass the separate qvws in the doc list, is this you are saying if yes then what will the host because it is not a localhost in my case

and yes all three qvw's are similar just different reports but qvw url pattern is quite similar,

when I ran the xml script it gives me below error

Writing log file to: ....\apache-jmeter-3.1\bin\jmeter.log

Created the tree successfully using ...\QVScalabilityTools_0_7 64Bit\QVScriptGenTool_0_7 64Bit\ScriptExecutor\DestJMXs\xyz.jmx

Starting the test @ Mon May 08 12:26:16 CEST 2017 (1494239176636)

Generate Summary Results =    183 in 00:02:22 =    1.3/s Avg:   240 Min:     0 Max:  9026 Err:   174 (95.08%)

Tidying up ...    @ Mon May 08 12:28:38 CEST 2017 (1494239318698)

... end of run

Sebastian_Fredenberg

Hi,

The document url in the tool need to be as found in the browser: so open the document in a browser and copy over the url found in the address bar.

Then, if you want to divide the load to other documents that are in the essense the same (but separated by different names) each of those documents you want to test should be in the doclist file.

Example from the documentation:

Url to one of the docs (DemoApplications/Online_Sales.qvw) could be:

http://servername/QvAJAXZfc/opendoc.htm?document=DemoApplications/Online_Sales.qvw&host=Local

That needs to work, so be sure to test that before adding the option to open documents from the doclist. If it works fine and you want to for example also test Online_Sales1.qvw, Online_Sales2.qvw etc you edit the doclist file  as follows:

DemoApplications/Online_Sales.qvw

DemoApplications/Online_Sales1.qvw

DemoApplications/Online_Sales2.qvw

That will lead to that you use the document url you specified, but the document part of the original url (in the case above: "DemoApplications/Online_Sales.qvw") will during runtime be taken from the doclist instead of the url section.

But again, for this solution to work all the documents should be "the same" when it comes to layout, objectids etc. The data could be different in them though, which is the use case for using reduced documents.

/sebastian

anuj_qlik
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Sebastian,

Now my script is working fine with different qvw's,  thanks for your help, now I have move to  the next part i.e. scenarios, as follows

1.) I have to pass different object ids to select the values from list box( i don't have validbyid but i have static value)

note: i have passed one objectid of one list box with static selection and passing value and passed the objected into the userdefined variable inside the test variable and it worked, but what i have to do when i have to pass more then one objectids of multiple listboxes at a time to select different values,

I have tried it by passing object ids of listboxes by adding into the scenarios and passed the static value but it didn't worked in jmeter,please suggest your comments

2.) there is a pie chart with blocks which are clickable and on there click it shows different values what will be the scenario to click on chart

waiting for your reply

Thanks

Anuj

Sebastian_Fredenberg

Hi,

I'm not completely understanding your first question so if you can be a bit clearer that would help.

For the second one, (I'm a bit uncertain here too what you are asking), if you are asking how to simulate a selection in a pie chart then you should use the chart action in the scenario. However you will not be able to send in what value you want to select - it will be random.

/sebastian

anuj_qlik
Contributor II
Contributor II

for the 1st problem:

under scenario of scalability i have added a listbox and under select listbox i passed the objectid(eg: LB01) of that list box, then selection method is static selection and then pass its value eg: xyz which is one value inside that listbox and then i open that script in jmeter, and run the script, under poll of open doc there are some beanshell postprocessors added with set Object ID defined eg:

vars.put("OBJECTID","LB01");

// VALUEBYID will be true/false and determines if LOOKUPVALUE will be a searchstring (FALSE) or the elementid that is predefined (TRUE)

vars.put("VALUEBYID","False")

and another beanshell "Set Static Selection Value" as

vars.put("LOOKUPVALUE", "XYZ");

when i ran the script it shoes me the respective value of  XYZ value(eg: 20.3m) in response of poll in jmeter(but some time when i change that XYZ value to some other ABC value here

vars.put("LOOKUPVALUE", "ABC");

i is showing me the default value of the page when the repprot opened bydefault (eg: 0.0), this is the first problem

and here i also want to pass different values from different listboxes but i am unable to do the same

for 2nd Problem:

there is a pie chart which is clickable on different sections and on its click it shows separate values as per the sections like click on block a which shows value 30 on report, block b which shows 40, but i don't know which scenario i have to choose for that, chart or button in scalability scenario

Thanks

Anuj

Sebastian_Fredenberg

Hi,

Are you certain that the value you input (ABC) exists in the particular listbox? If not then nothing will be selected which could explain why you get the default values.

Another reason is that the value does not exist in the first xml output from that object - for instance if you need to scroll a lot to find it. If that is the case I suggest you to use "valuebyid" instead which will not care if scrolling is needed. So if ABC corresponds to value 1234 (you can check that in chrome dev tools, fiddler or similar) then it is more efficient to use that.

My best suggestion in general would however be to randomize all selections otherwise you will simulate the exact same selections for every user.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by passing different values from different listboxes, but each action in the script corresponds to an action a user could make. So if a user want to select in 5 listboxes then that means 5 actions (one per listbox).

For the pie chart, there is an action type called Chart - use that. It will correspond to a random zoomed area within the pie chart so you can not select specific slices in the chart.

I hope that clears up some things

/sebastian

anuj_qlik
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Sebastian,

I have created the script for one of the qlikview dashboard report through scalability tool, and run that in jmeter

I works fine, but I have one question, what is the difference between Open Doc Request and Poll in the script created by scalability,

actually both samples are the Post method, and Poll is given me the dashboard report result, but it is taking less time than the  Open Doc Request, i.e. Poll has taken around 59 millisecond to open report with 1 user 1 iteration and 1 ramup

and Open Doc Request took around 8300 millisecond , can you please explain what are the difference between these two and there meanings.

hoping for a quick reply from your side as always

Many Thanks

Anuj

Sebastian_Fredenberg

Hi,

The open doc request is the request to open the qlikview document. In your case - it takes 8,3 seconds to get the response from that request (this includes loadeing the document in memory if that was not already done).

As for the polls, every time the client (browser or jmeter) performs an action (selection) in the document it will then poll for the response - meaning it will check every 150ms if the previous request is done or not. The previous request is complete when all affected objects in the document are calculated.

The full action to open the document includes boththe open doc request and several polls, among other rrequests (binaries etc). That action (Open Document in the tool) is the oone that will tell you how long time in total it takes for that user to open the document.

cheers

/sebastian

anuj_qlik
Contributor II
Contributor II

ok so if I want to explain somebody that how much time taken by the dashboard report(or document as you said) to open will be the Open Doc Request not the Poll

if yes then I understand the open doc request but can you please more elaborate the Poll, because all the values of that report I am getting on the Poll response but not on the Open doc request

Thanks,

Anuj Vaidya