Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

reduce and distribute

Hello

I got a qlikview document in which I want to filter data based on brand managers and distribute the filtered document to a folder path

I got 7 brand managers (each has a username on the company's domain)

what is the best scenario

create a task that reduces data for the seven selected values of the brand managers and distribute the reduced documents to the 7 users in one task or create seven tasks?

knowing that these 7 brand managers need not to see the distributed documents of others

I can walk on water when it freezes
8 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

You can have have a single task which will reduce the data depending on the field you select, and in same task you can distribute each file in folder.

Checout for reduce and distribute option while creating task.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II
Author

you mean under the distribute Tab-> loop field in document create a recipient based on email address?

well the brand managers have email addresses in some table does this mean that if I apply this scenario in the access point the manager will see only his/ her document?

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Go to the Reduce tab. Select the "Reduce by Field Value"

Here the field will be the field through which you differentiat the managers.

In distrubution tab you have called "Distribute via Email"

This will be enable if you have Email Configured in Qlikview Server.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki  

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II
Author

i DON'T want to distribute via emails

I want to distribute to a folder path (folder for doucments related to access points)

and then when a user browses to the access point, he,she only sees the related document identified by the user's emails addres

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

You can distribute to a folder from distribute tab. You will see the option at bottom - Distribute to folder.

You can also do the settings to display file to specific user. This settings you need to do from OS only.

For example.

Go to the properties of folder. Go to security tab. Here you can define the users who can access to that folder.

So you can create a different folder for each of the manager and give access to them.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II
Author

then I need to create 7 tasks each for each manager

since in one task I need to specify the user to whom the document has to be displayed / distributed

in this way the 7 managers will see the 7 documents

under the distribute tab there is the loop in field document how can i use this to specify each document to a manager in one task?

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

You have to click on open document.

Select the field.

Select Check user identity on..

Specify the Destination Folder.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II
Author

yeah this is what I did

I have the UserPrincipalName equals the email address which is in a field called email

so I selected the field email and selected the UserPrincipalName as the user identity

however the distributed documents don't have the security privilege for the active directory users whom are supposed to be identified by the userPrincipalName

Please advise!!