Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

dashboard is not coming properly

Hi, Friends I am stuck with a problem. I am working on a application, I have created the application.But each time when I open the application ,suppose xyz.qvw than the all the object in the front page or main are not coming properly on the first reload.

After I go to the second dashboard and return back to the previous one, than all the things are working properly ie all the objects are working right.

Can anyone suggest the reason for this.

Thanks in advance

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

That sounds strange. Do you have any macros or triggers/actions for dynamically showing and hiding objects?

Not applicable
Author

No Johannes I am not having any triggers and actions for dynamically showing.also the size of qvw is about 1 gb.I think it is to large.This may be the reason too. What should I do to come out of this problem

Thanks in advance

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Yes the size of qvw is very large.

The reason why it happens like this is, it takes time to evaluate the expression which you have used in different charts when you have hugh amount of data. It also depends on the data model which you have created.

Try to minimise the size of application by removing unwanted fields from the table, which you are not using.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

yes Kaushik I think you are right, as the sizo of data is too large and we are using lot of expressions in charts.

So I should use this expression in the scripting side. I am right or not.Please make a little more clear to me.

Thanks for the help

kim_rormark
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

If you go into the script and alter the SQL load to only get the fields you want, the size of your data will be smaller and probably help you with the problem.

Instead of:

Load

FIRMANR,

ARTNR,

SQL SELECT *

FROM PUB.ARTI;

Try:

Load

FIRMANR,

ARTNR,

SQL SELECT FIRMANR, ARTNR

FROM PUB.ARTI;

Here you choose only the fields necessary for you, so you don't stack up your file with unwanted and unused data that only slows things down.