Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kakaderanjit53
Creator III
Creator III

Controvercy in the Nprinting Email message and Actual reality w.r.t. same Message

Hi Qlik Experts,

I have one important query about Nprinting Email services, I have a scheduled one report in the Qlik Nprinting which having the destination as in QlikSense Hub,Email and NewsStand;the task for same report is scheduled for publishing the report @8.30am daily basis, but when,I received the following message via Nprinting Email services @ report schedule time i.e.,

email.PNG

But after cross verification for the above mail message,It is observed that  This attached file size in the HUB is showing the size as 860KB.

Then,Why the Email message size is showing as more than 2 MB? and Why unable to deliver the report via Nprinting Email,evenreport size is less than 1MB i.e. 806KB?

Hub Report.PNG

size.PNG

Needs Clarification about my above Query,

@Daniel Jenkins

danieloberbillig

lech_miszkiewicz

avinashelite

mto

Thanks & Regards,

RANJIT KAKADE

10 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Could you snapshot your publish task

• report section - to show whether this task delivers only one report
  • email section where you are creatingh message content Is there only one attachemnt, what about mail content, footer, images etc?)

that will be a starting point.

Is there any reason why you have such a small limit on your smtp server?

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
kakaderanjit53
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Lech,

PFB screen shot for

• report section - to show whether this task delivers only one report

Report.PNG

• email section

Email1.PNG

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Interesting

I just noticed similar thing

I have sent a test email couple days back. Now when i look at the size of it -  it is 56 kb and attachement is 21kb.

I dont know how much would weight the content of your email? should not be that much!

np.png

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
kakaderanjit53
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Yes, Lech,

We have to be report such important things to the Qlik Tech Support team,to avoid above problems

that matters about the performance issue of the Qlik Nprinting product.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Well before we do that, we have to investigate what is actually getting sent. (The content of email etc). This itself can weight a bit.

NPrinting is not dooing anything special - it uses your SMTP server - maybe your server adds some content? to the email package. It is a common practice to put some disclaimers etc.?

what do you say?

kakaderanjit53
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Yes,We have to first investigate what is actually getting sent,is it possible to maybe server adds some content, to the email package?,and if yes, then how to determine the same,any idea?

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

what if you sent to yourself very small report? say xls with one small table?

then look at email and see where is the size coming from (deduct attachment size).

cheers

Lech

kakaderanjit53
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Lech,

I have been analysed the same thing,The size of XLS table is only 256KB,and Email showing size of 659KB,

there is something problem,about the email package

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Get this file (the XLS 256 KB one) and send it from your Outlook to yourself and see what is the size of email with attachment sent from your own mailbox.

Then we will investigate further