Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Delete duplicate records using alternative states

Hi all,

I have a problem with alternative states.

I'm using alternate states to create a list of users that they have attended an event to create a list of clients interested in the next smae event. I have the next data set:

screenshot1.PNG

We use 2 alternatives states because I want to create diferents groups of posibilities. When I create the final list, I use the next expression Count([State 1] Name) + Count([State 2] Name). in the State 1 I filter for Event A and in State 2 for Event B.

The final table should have all the fields but when I have the same attende in two events (example: Jon) only should show once, I use an another field that define the priority of each state (another field not relted witth principal table) to priorice the state which have more weight.

Can you help me with this situation?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Digvijay_Singh

See this, looks bit confusing but seems to be working, as long as single priority in each state is selected -

Capture.PNG

View solution in original post

5 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Use the DISTINCT keyword to count each name only once.

Count{[State 1] + [State 2]} DISTINCT Name)

-Rob

http://masterssummit.com

http://qlikviewcookbook.com

Digvijay_Singh

See if this sample helps -

Capture.PNG

Not applicable
Author

Hi Digvijay,

Yes this is te correct functionalitybut in the cases when we have an attendee he is in two events, we xdefine a priority for each state.

I attach an image. I have the problema to get the correct information using this fiel priority.

Screenshot1.PNG

Example:

Jon asist Event A and B, if in stateB I select priority = 1, in the final table should show the register with the information

Jon - Event B - Company 1 - 28 (because the pirority for State B is bigger than State A

Thank you for your help

- Aimar

Digvijay_Singh

See this, looks bit confusing but seems to be working, as long as single priority in each state is selected -

Capture.PNG

Not applicable
Author

Thank you very much Digvijay!!

This is the solution!

- Aimar