Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Questions about drag & drop fields in a dashboard

Hi,

1. how can i select some fields and move these together to another position?
  2. If i move a field to another position the dimension from the field are changed. How can i move a field and it keeps his old dimension?

regards,

sam

4 Replies
ahaahaaha
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi,

Today, the size of the object fields on the sheet is determined by the platform Qlik Sense. All you can use is the settings of the object itself.

Regards,

Andrey

rittermd
Master
Master

I don't think that a user can move objects.  They can temporarily adjust the width of columns in a table.  In a pivot table they can change the Dimensions and Measures by moving them. 

Other than that I think you get what you get.

As Andrey said above, Qlik Sense automatically adjusts the layout depending on the size of the screen.  You have no control over that.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Mhh, I fear it is a misunderstanding?!

Example:

I will move the marked diagramm to the left bottom. The size of the diagramm is adjusted automatically.

2017-05-11_20h37_25.jpg

I want to know if there a shortcut or something else that the size is not changed if i move. That the old size remains.

2017-05-11_20h38_07.jpg

My 1st question: how can i select some fields and move these together to another position?

In other software i can select some fields togehter press shift + Click (object). Is in qlik sense a possibility to do this?

2017-05-11_20h44_52.jpg

regards,

sam

rittermd
Master
Master

If you are talking about doing this while in Editing the sheet then I don't think that you have any control.  It will resize depending on where you move it to and how much space is available there.

If you don't like what it did automatically you just adjust it by dragging the edges.