Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Aggregation Currencies for all Dimensions

Some Aggregation help please

I am busy including currencies in my model and I want to create a master item that has the converted value which users can include in their visualisations.

Here I have all the transaction amounts (where the transaction type is Payment) multiplied by currency factors. Note that the visualisation also includes the Branch dimension:

sum(aggr(sum({$<[Transaction Type] = {"Payment"}>}[Transaction Amount] * [_CurrencyFactor]), [_CurrencyFactor], [Branch]))

But I want a master item which is dimension independent. If I remove Branch like this:

Collected Converted:
sum(aggr(sum({$<[Transaction Type] = {"Payment"}>}[Transaction Amount] * [_CurrencyFactor]), [_CurrencyFactor]))

When I add these fields to a table the latter does not resolve except for some :

QlikTable.jpg

The model:

QlikModel.jpg

I am sure that I am missing something. Surely there should be a way.
Thanks for your consideration

Marten Daling

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Isn't this expression dimension independent for you?

Sum(Aggr(Sum({$<[Transaction Type] = {"Payment"}>}[Transaction Amount] * [_CurrencyFactor]), [_CurrencyFactor], [Branch]))

as long as you Branch is the most granular level you will look at. But if you want to this at individual row level, why not do just this

Sum({$<[Transaction Type] = {"Payment"}>}[Transaction Amount] * [_CurrencyFactor])

View solution in original post

1 Reply
sunny_talwar

Isn't this expression dimension independent for you?

Sum(Aggr(Sum({$<[Transaction Type] = {"Payment"}>}[Transaction Amount] * [_CurrencyFactor]), [_CurrencyFactor], [Branch]))

as long as you Branch is the most granular level you will look at. But if you want to this at individual row level, why not do just this

Sum({$<[Transaction Type] = {"Payment"}>}[Transaction Amount] * [_CurrencyFactor])