Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

IF Function

qilk q.PNG

Hi I am having trouble creating and if function to change the background colour of cost >= 5000 within this table could anyone please help me correct my formula.

goods approved.PNG

hi, I was also wondering if it possible to create an if-function which generates a yes or no response based on whether a particular staff approved quantities greater than 3000 for the following table.

bill.PNG

Thanks in advance.

8 Replies
vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

if (Cost > 5000 , red() )

is cost a dimension in your table or expression?

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
Not applicable
Author

Cost is a measure made up of quantity*unit price

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Seems, You are working with Qliksense. There you need to write from Colors tab by using Measure. Then only it will give some output. Any how, Your expression seems okay. Would you tell us where do you copy and paste this expression.

PS: Still, you are not figure it out then please share QVF file with us

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Measure means, Does this data point or you created any variable by name of Color.

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
rubenmarin

Hi Shamila, in expression editor you can't use measures by name, you have to use the fields loaded in the app, I think the easiest way is to copy the content of the measure, like:

If(quantity*unit>5000, red())

I'm not fully understanding your second question. Maybe?:

If(sum(quantity)>3000, 'yes', 'no')

Not applicable
Author

Hi guys, thanks for the help the first issue has been solved

Not applicable
Author

The second question was could you generate an if function to create a new column  which says yes or no if payments greater than 3000 are approved by financial controller  

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Good, If you got answer please close this thread