Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cmsjamesgreen
Contributor III
Contributor III

Date Dual Field

Hi all

I am importing a .xlsx file that has a column created with US dates.  As I am in the UK, Excel is interpreting some US dates as DD//MM/YYYY and converting them to a serial number (although this serial number is not actually correct, but this is not the issue), and those it cannot convert to a serial number it is leaving as text in MM/DD/YYYY format.  See attached Excel file.

When I import this file in to QlikView the dual field that is created seems to have the number and text representations the wrong way round ie. when I use Num() I get the text date and when I use Text() I get the serial number.  This is only for the dates that Excel has converted to a serial number, the others only have the text representation.

Has anyone else experienced this?  It is making using the interpretation functions difficult.  I don't want to modify the Excel file because I am not the creator and I am likely to be importing more of them.

Thanks

James

2 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

May be this?

LOAD Date(alt(Date#([Invoice Date],'DD-MM-YYYY hh:mm:ss'), Date#([Invoice Date],'MM/DD/YYYY hh:mm:ss TT'))) as [Invoice Date]

FROM

[Sales Data Extract Example.xlsx]

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Extract);

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Digvijay_Singh

Try this -

LOAD

alt(Timestamp(Num([Invoice Date]),'DD/MM/YYYY hh:mm:ss tt'),

Timestamp(Timestamp#([Invoice Date],'M/D/YYYY hh:mm:ss tt'),'DD/MM/YYYY hh:mm:ss tt'))

FROM

[Sales Data Extract Example.xlsx]

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Extract);

Capture.PNG