Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kakaderanjit53
Creator III
Creator III

Import Task for recipient User getting failed

Hi Qlik Experts,

I am importing the recipients user task with Filter and groups,It succeed when no. of user upto 3 ,but after updation of excel file of

import recipients with increased number of recipients,the same task getting failed and showing the error,

"

ERROR message : importing USER : Can not create the new user because their email is already in use.

ERROR message : The import failed due to some invalid entries. No data was saved."

Give me solution for resolving this problem,ASAP;

@lech_miszkiewiczlech_miszkiewicz‌‌,

avinashelite‌,

mto‌,

@ Daniel Jenkins

Thanks and Regards,

RANJIT KAKADE.

20 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi - got it - will test on it.

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi  Ranjit.

Well - it worked for me. I was able to import whole list without issues. I think you have some legacy stuff there.

I loaded all users without any issues and then re-run imports couple times changing things like time zones, filters etc

Couple things i have noticed:

• are you using xls or xlsx (on one of your screenshots you are refering to xls) and attachment you have provided is XLSX
  • make sure all DOMAIN ACCOUNTS are properly spelled (if you are connected to DOMAIN). I had an issue once with client that NPrinting was checking against AD to see whether such account exists - it was missing a letter and import was failing.
  • i would suggest to start from 0 - meaning clear all users, import all with file and then play/modify and re-import them again. See how you go.
  • note that apps, filters (also fields in filters), connections referenced in import file etc.. - they should be all available in NPrinting prior to recipient Import, else import will not work properly.

I am not sure what else we could do.

Works for me - I am running NPrinting 17.3.1

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

and couple more things.

If you have a user created from NPrinting console you are not able to update such user using task. then you will get error:

Importing filters and recipients for file with path c:\Users\Lech\Desktop\R.xlsx

ERROR message : importing USER : Can not create the new user because their email is already in use.

ERROR message : The import failed due to some invalid entries. No data was saved.

Look at your recipient list - is anyone on this list beeing entered manualy in NPrinting?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ps.

when you try to add user which is not recognised in domain:

np1.png

cheers

Lech

kakaderanjit53
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Lech ,

Thanks alot for your important reply ,let me check now this issue as per your suggestions.

Note: I'm only using excel file with.xls extension for import task,for your reference I have been converted it into

.xlsx file extension.

Not applicable

Couple things i have noticed:

• are you using xls or xlsx (on one of your screenshots you are refering to xls) and attachment you have provided is XLSX
  • make sure all DOMAIN ACCOUNTS are properly spelled (if you are connected to DOMAIN). I had an issue once with client that NPrinting was checking against AD to see whether such account exists - it was missing a letter and import was failing.
  • i would suggest to start from 0 - meaning clear all users, import all with file and then play/modify and re-import them again. See how you go.

Do the users must exists in the domain? or can it work with another email, without specify domain\user ??

Thanks!

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

NO - they do not. They can be existing only with email (for ex.: case when you sending reports/emails to customers)

Domain Account is an optional field - you can leave it blank.

I have actualy found a workaround on how to populate this field with not existing accounts by:

• first - importing all users with empty DOMAIN ACCOUNT field
  • second - updating it with DOMAIN ACCOUNT value - this seems to skip account validation against AD

DOMAIN ACCOUNT is necessary though if you want to publish reports to QlikSense Hub, use SSO for accessig NPrinting NewsStand or NPrinting Admin console.

regards

Lech

Not applicable

Domain Account is an optional field - you can leave it blank.

I have actualy found a workaround on how to populate this field with not existing accounts by:

• second - updating it with DOMAIN ACCOUNT value - this seems to skip account validation against AD

Thanksa lot!

Just what do you mean with 'second - updating it', do I let it blank? or which value do I write?

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Scenario:

If there is user which does not exist in domain and you would try to import from XLS or create such user in NPrinting and also populate value for DOMAIN ACCOUNT field in NPrinting with not existing ivalue in AD it will not allow you to do that when you create a user!

But-when you create a user with blank DOMAIN ACCOUNT field and then re-run import/update task again - you will be able to update DOMAIN ACCOUNT field with any string. Which means that domain account validation happens only on "Create user" action and not on "Update useraction"

I am not sure whether it is a rule or it meant to be like this. It is only my observation.

regards

Lech

kakaderanjit53
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Lech,

As per your suggestion I have been started from 0 - meaning cleared all users, imported all with file and then played/modified and re-imported them again.,and now its working fine.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

great - i am glad i could help - cheers

regards

Lech