Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gavin_kite
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

LDAP addtional filters

Would anyone be able to help me with an Additional LDAP filter in Qlik Sense?

I've created the query below

(&(objectCategory=user)(memberOf=CN=Qlik,OU= Vitacress - GROUP,OU= Group IT,OU= Groups,DC=vitacress,DC=co,DC=uk))

but when I run the AD sync job, the user list doesn't reflect the users that should be in the group and as far as I can tell is still the full list of AD users. What am I doing wrong?

The image below shows the directory structure where I believe I have to navigate to the group folder

I've also read that I need to ensure that the Admin User ID that I am using needs to be included in a the group to prevent being locked out or else the query wont update the user list. This is also set up. What am I doing wrong?

LDAP.png

3 Replies
barry_stevens
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

obviously AD config dependent but the following syntax worked for us....  replacing *** with yours

(&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(&(memberOf=CN=***,ou=***,ou=***,ou=***,DC=***,DC=***)))

barry_stevens
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

it may in fact just be the missing (& before your memberOf statement and ) at the end

barry_stevens
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

How did you get on with this Gavin?