Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
darrellbutler
Creator
Creator

Value Properties in NPrinting

Hi,

I'm relatively new to NPrinting and I'm trying to build a pixel perfect chart using the chart wizard. I'm trying to replicate a line chart that has 6 expressions. I've added this chart to the tables area so I can use the expressions.

I have one dimension which is Year and I'm  using this in the Argument properties, when I come to build the expressions and bind them to data I can only see 3 of the 6 expressions from my source chart.

Does anybody have any ideas why this might be the case ?

The missing expressions are fairly complex in that they include Fractile and Aggr functions, could this be the reason ? or is there a limit to the number of series you can have in a line chart ?

Many thanks !  

3 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Each expression has to have unique name(label) in QlikVIew and it should be preferably text (not expression, except where expression is actually text like the one i have put below). If the names are repeated in one chart NPrinting is getting confused and picks up only one.

Would this be a case for you?

Also - Make sure they are not hidden (conditional hide&show).

If you want to have still the same names jus put same blank characters at the end something like:

• expresion 1 lable: ='text'
  • expresion 2 label: 'text ';
  • expresion 3 label: 'text  ';

If this does not work - attach screenshots of your expressions and maybe try putting them in table instead of chart

cheers

Lech

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
darrellbutler
Creator
Creator
Author

Many thanks Lech, that's helpful advice.

All my expression names are unique and non conditional so not sure what the problem is. When selecting my arguments I can see all the available fields, some just drop off when I try to create the expressions.

Thanks once again !

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi

I know that pixel perfect charts are very fusy about "datatypes" for arguments and series in your chart.

Where do you want to apply your measure ? in QlikVIew (and transfer only numbers?) or in NPrinting PixelPerfect Template? I did all calculations in QlikView and just transfered results accross

Make sure there is no formatting applied on your chart expression in QlikView. Maybe try to avoid num() function or anything what possibly could change your numbers in series to text or formated string.

From NPrinitg side there is no limits in terms of series - you can attach as many as you want.

I have added in wizard 6 series to my char

1.png

When i went to Data section i did binding just by chosing arguments for all series (the same argument - Date_Time) and NUMERICAL VALUE from Qlik measure

2.png

This is a result i got

3.png

like i said before - maybe you could paste here your expressions so i could look at them - maybe i can find something unusual in them

hope this helps.

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.