Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ruma_barman
Creator
Creator

Restrict Qliksense Hub through IP address

Hi All,

I want to restrict qliksense hub to open through IP address/Host Name meaning user should be able to open it through DNS name only.Currently he is able to open through DNS,IP,Hostname.Any help?

Thanks and Regards,

Ruma

5 Replies
rohitk1609
Master
Master

Hi Ruma,

What you need to do, Just remove the IP address(10.X.X.XX) of server from Virtual Proxies => Advanced = > Host White List . Then your Qlik won't be accesable with https://10.X.X.XX/hub.

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

ruma_barman
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Rohit,

Thanks for your reply.It had already been done but is still opening .Like there will be warning and when we continue ,it  opens.

Thanks,

Ruma

rohitk1609
Master
Master

Hi Ruma,

I believe if you put IP address in url bar and try to access it will get access because, no matter you add IP address in Host White List or not even then you can access it. My point is why your user is using IP address to access it. Can we make them educate don't use it same as we never suppose to discuss QMC wth client. 

ruma_barman
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Rohit,

They want to make it more secure  meaning only through DNS name it should be accessible nothing else.This is solely for security purpose.

Thanks,

Ruma

rohitk1609
Master
Master

Hi Ruma,

There is no concept of security by access IP or Domain Nam, Domain name is just an alias which we give to IP address as IP address not what client like to show to users and if you have authentication access to the server , yes you can access it. its a property of authentication. So donot worry about security, Accessing IP or Domain name is similar.

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.