Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Duplicate app in Hub

Hi,

I have scenario on which different users have access to their own streams. Now I want the user to be able to duplicate apps in his stream and publish them.

By default a user can create and duplicate app under My Work on the Qlik Sense hub, but not on the apps at the stream.

When you do right click noting happens.

I've checked for myself, and I am admin on the Qlik Sense server and I was only able to duplicate apps for which I am the owner.

So I am wondering if there is a security rule that can be setup so the users can duplicate apps in their streams, or if the workaround is to be able to duplicate apps for which they are owner, can I change the owner of an app, meaning if Someone else have published the app in the first place and the user can see the app, can I change the app ownership to the user so he can duplicate it.

Any help would be appreciated.

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I'd like to add --- Can an app have multiple Owners?

Not applicable
Author

You can change the app owner simply by editing the app in the qmc

EmmaC
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Exactly what i want to do! Did you find a solution?

regards,

Emma

pyfferooney
Contributor II
Contributor II

Like others have mentoined, you need to go to the Qlik Management Console.
There you can duplicate the app of which you are not the owner.
After you duplicated the app, it is visible in your 'Work', an you are the owner.
Now you can edit everything, even add-ons (downloads) are duplicated.

Changing the owner is also possible in QMC, but perhaps not always the best solution.
Multiple owners doesn't seem possible, unless i'm overseeing something.